Llama - Who's Using It and Any Good Examples?

fingret

Jun 22, 2014
Visit site
Im trying to get this to work:

when screen turn on AND active/foreground application is LOCUS PRO then play a sound (But it never works).

If I use only "when screen turn on" the sound plays nicely... what do I need to do?

buggy_droid

Dec 9, 2012
Visit site
Im trying to get this to work:

when screen turn on AND active/foreground application is LOCUS PRO then play a sound (But it never works).

If I use only "when screen turn on" the sound plays nicely... what do I need to do?

Did you try the dev version at KebabApps?
Are you using any screen filter or other overlays?

jobson1980

Jun 8, 2015
Visit site
I have a Moto X 2014 on Lollipop.

2 Questions:

1) When I start TomTom Go Mobile, I want that any pop-up messages like whatsapp or facebook don't appear. Just run TomTom app full screen or something. Is that possible with Llama?

2) When i am roaming (go on holiday), I want that apps wich use mobile data are disabled. Like Whatsapp, Facebook, gmail. But i don't want to disable mobile data, because i need is when I'm using TomTom app for traffic data. For my mailapps (Nine, Aquamail) I already found a solution via a locale plugin.
And what about the Llama action "Toggle account Sync".. Which account are we talking about here?

buggy_droid

Dec 9, 2012
Visit site
I have a Moto X 2014 on Lollipop.

2 Questions:

1) When I start TomTom Go Mobile, I want that any pop-up messages like whatsapp or facebook don't appear. Just run TomTom app full screen or something. Is that possible with Llama?
To hush other apps I usually Greenify them or disable them using Secure Settings through locale plugin action in both cases.

2) When i am roaming (go on holiday), I want that apps wich use mobile data are disabled. Like Whatsapp, Facebook, gmail. But i don't want to disable mobile data, because i need is when I'm using TomTom app for traffic data. For my mailapps (Nine, Aquamail) I already found a solution via a locale plugin.
This is more easily done using a firewall (e.g., AFWall+). There should be no-root options also available if you aren't rooted.

And what about the Llama action "Toggle account Sync".. Which account are we talking about here?
Your Google account, I guess.

jobson1980

Jun 8, 2015
Visit site
I'm not at root. I can disable apps through Greenify, but can't enable them without root seems to be.

AFWall+ also only when rooted. I tried Light Flow's sleep mode. But even when sleep mode enabled, notifications still comming through

buggy_droid

Dec 9, 2012
Visit site
I'm not at root. I can disable apps through Greenify, but can't enable them without root seems to be.

AFWall+ also only when rooted. I tried Light Flow's sleep mode. But even when sleep mode enabled, notifications still comming through
Why don't you search for & try a firewall that doesn't require root?

Gilianp

May 9, 2013
Visit site
At home, turn on WiFi, turn ringer to medium loud. Then, if at home on weekdays, turn ringer to vibrate and lower brightness between 11pm and 6:30 am, weekends extended to 10:30. Goes back to normal after those times.

At work, turn down ringer to low and turn in WiFi

Leaving the house,gym or work, turn off WiFi, turn on Bluetooth for 1 minute to see if I'm in my car, if I am it connects, if I'm in a different vehicle, turns off. If I am connected to my car, Blue will turn off no matter where I am when I shut off my car. Also, turns ringer to 'loud'

At the gym, start music app.

Turn on screen rotation when running any picture or video app, turn off when finished.

Imposter

Apr 13, 2013
Visit site
Reply to Dorqus from February (before I saw the later responses):
"So I've been using Llama for some time now, and I"m trying to get it to send a text to my wife when I get into the office. My event is as follows:
CONDITONS:
WiFi Network Connected: work-wifi
AND (match all) {at work} # cell towers already learned
AND (match all) {when it's Monday - Friday}
AND (match all) {between 08:00 and 09:30}

ACTION:
Locale Plugin Send SMS: "I just got to work"

It works, but then will send a second SMS a little later on, as all the conditions are already met. (I'm using the "Locale Send SMS Plugin-in version 1.1.1" from the play store to send the SMS, as I couldn't find a way to natively do it with Llama.

Is there anyways to have Llama disable the event, or ensure to only act on it once?
I guess I could set the "Repeat Interval" to 12 hours, that way it won't trigger again."

It's probably firing multiple times because one of the variables changes and then changes back, either the cell towers or momentarily dropping the wifi connection. You can use Llama variables to prevent actions from triggering twice. Create a Variable like "Text sent" and add an action to this event to change that variable's value to 1. Also add a condition for this event that "Text sent" has to be 0. This way, once it fires, the variable gets set at 1, preventing it from firing again. You'll also need to add one more event: after 9:30, M-F, set the variable back to 0.

Last edited:

Imposter

Apr 13, 2013
Visit site
I have a question about Pebble integration. I just got the original Pebble smart watch. When I activate my Sleep app on my phone at night, I have llama fire a slew of things to make it "do not disturb." The one thing I can't seem to automate is disabling sending notifications to the Pebble. The closest I came is using Notification Center (pebble app) and having llama open its settings so I can kill all notifications (and then reopen it in the morning so I can re-enable them). This works, and of course, the watch has a setting to do the same thing, but I really like being able to automate everything, especially when I'm trying to stay quiet in bed rather than fussing with a phone or watch, clicking things.
Does anyone have any suggestions? One approach is to disable phone syncing, but I prefer to keep the phone active overnight rather than make it do everything when I wake up. Notification Center's sleep mode is only time based (or through a menu setting), so I don't think I can have llama activate it directly.

anon8164182

Oct 22, 2013
Visit site
Just a quick question if anyone knows if it's possible to make some kind of 'call confirm' action with Llama? So I get a confirmation before I call someone.

I've not tried the 'require confirmation' feature until now but it doesn't seem to work. I also tried a test with 'if running app is X then require confirmation and change brightness' but I don't get a confirmation, it just changes the brightness.

Any ideas? Oh, I'm using a Moto G on 5.1 (unrooted) which may be part of the problem.

Imposter

Apr 13, 2013
Visit site
On my previous phone, a Samsung Galaxy S3 running Android 4.1.2, there was an option in Llama, Actions, Run a Shortcut, Activities, which led to a world of controls for every app, including toggling Sleep Mode in Light Flow.
I've just upgraded to an LG G4 running Lollipop, and Activities isn't there any more. (I'm using the most recent Llama from the developer's site.)
Does anyone know where Activities went or another way to access these settings?

Replying to myself with the solution. The Activities must have been a shortcut from some app that I didn't reinstall on my new phone, maybe Widgetsoid. I installed Quick Shortcut Maker, and the functionality came right back, better than it had been, actually.

Last edited:

rhlsg

May 8, 2013
Visit site
I want to setup Llama, so that whenever WiFi is NOT switched on, then 3G data should turn on every 20 mins for about 2-3 mins, to allow syncing of any emails/messages etc.
How to set this up ?
Thanks

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
planeboy