Llama - Who's Using It and Any Good Examples?

anon8164182

Oct 22, 2013
Visit site
I've tried Automate and AutomateIt though only briefly. Tasker I couldn't be bothered learning.

However, Macrodroid seems a pretty decent alternative to Llama. It seems to do everything Llama does and a bit more. I might give it another go this weekend. It was last updated yesterday and is free, although it's limited to 5 macros. I think it's £1.99 to upgrade to pro. It has a reasonable Material Design look too.

MrMLK

Oct 31, 2012
Visit site
I've tried Automate and AutomateIt though only briefly. Tasker I couldn't be bothered learning.

However, Macrodroid seems a pretty decent alternative to Llama. It seems to do everything Llama does and a bit more. I might give it another go this weekend. It was last updated yesterday and is free, although it's limited to 5 macros. I think it's £1.99 to upgrade to pro. It has a reasonable Material Design look too.

Thanks, I'll try iy out.

VERSEAU

Dec 28, 2013
Visit site
Hi !

How to fire Llama event from another app ???

I've found :

1/ the adb command given by the developer of Llama :
adb shell am start -a com.kebab.Llama.RunShortcut -n 'com.kebab.Llama/com.kebab.Llama.LauncherShortcutRunnerActivity' -e LlamaType Event -e LlamaData EVENTNAME

2/ AND these URL :
a) *** github.com/leejaymin/windowTracer/blob/master/ApkViewTracer2/DeviceCommand/CommandConsole.py ***
b) *** forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1508195&page=490 (the end of the page) ***

I think this seems to be the right way but unfortunately I can not try and do not understand all of that because I'm not develop Android

Any help ?
Laurent

buggy_droid

Dec 9, 2012
Visit site
Hi !

How to fire Llama event from another app ???

I've found :

1/ the adb command given by the developer of Llama :
adb shell am start -a com.kebab.Llama.RunShortcut -n 'com.kebab.Llama/com.kebab.Llama.LauncherShortcutRunnerActivity' -e LlamaType Event -e LlamaData EVENTNAME

2/ AND these URL :
a) *** github.com/leejaymin/windowTracer/blob/master/ApkViewTracer2/DeviceCommand/CommandConsole.py ***
b) *** forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1508195&page=490 (the end of the page) ***

I think this seems to be the right way but unfortunately I can not try and do not understand all of that because I'm not develop Android

Any help ?
Laurent

Do it an easier way!
Llama provides all of its events as a shortcut.
So, in the app you want to run Llama events from, choose shortcut > Llama > then the event you want to run.

VERSEAU

Dec 28, 2013
Visit site
YES, you're absolutely right : this is what I should do
But in the app, I can choose ONLY launch app, and not shorcuts
I am in contact with its developer but he does not know how to list the shortcuts
An idea ?

buggy_droid

Dec 9, 2012
Visit site
YES, you're absolutely right : this is what I should do
But in the app, I can choose ONLY launch app, and not shorcuts
I am in contact with its developer but he does not know how to list the shortcuts
An idea ?

I think you forgot to mention
1. what app you are using
2. and by that, what you are trying to do

If what you want is to run shortcuts and your app can't handle shortcuts, the next logical step is to ditch the app and find one that handles shortcuts. There are plenty.

VERSEAU

Dec 28, 2013
Visit site
Hi buggy_droid,

Sorry for the response time: I was traveling abroad ...

I use WidgetLocker and by clicking SINGLE button, I would switch from state 1 to state 2 (and vice versa).
Thus, a first click on the button will launch a program 1 (more accurately, a Llama's shortcut) and would display the icon 1
The second click on the same button will launch a program 2 (another Llama's shortcut) and would display icon 2
The third click on the same button will launch the program 1 again and would display the icon 1
etc.

Apparently WidgetLocker not be able to do it (See XDA Forums : forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=825553&page=359)

I searched a lot and ONLY found "Generic Toggle Widget" (See GTW+ at play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.mk.generictogglewidgetpaid&hl=fr) BUT GTW+ can ONLY launch app, not shortcuts and its developer does not know how to do :'(

I try to find for him the lines of code to launch Llama's shortcut (and better, the code that would allow him to list all app's shortcuts and launch them) but ... I do not manage :'(

Any idea ?
Thanks
Laurent

Imposter

Apr 13, 2013
Visit site
If I'm correctly understanding your issue, this may help. I use the app QuickShortcutMaker to access the built-in shortcuts of any app, either for making desktop shortcuts or for activating them through other apps, like Llama or Tasker.

Hi buggy_droid,

Sorry for the response time: I was traveling abroad ...

I use WidgetLocker and by clicking SINGLE button, I would switch from state 1 to state 2 (and vice versa).
Thus, a first click on the button will launch a program 1 (more accurately, a Llama's shortcut) and would display the icon 1
The second click on the same button will launch a program 2 (another Llama's shortcut) and would display icon 2
The third click on the same button will launch the program 1 again and would display the icon 1
etc.

Apparently WidgetLocker not be able to do it (See XDA Forums : forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=825553&page=359)

I searched a lot and ONLY found "Generic Toggle Widget" (See GTW+ at play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.mk.generictogglewidgetpaid&hl=fr) BUT GTW+ can ONLY launch app, not shortcuts and its developer does not know how to do :'(

I try to find for him the lines of code to launch Llama's shortcut (and better, the code that would allow him to list all app's shortcuts and launch them) but ... I do not manage :'(

Any idea ?
Thanks
Laurent

VERSEAU

Dec 28, 2013
Visit site
Hi Imposter

I also used QuickShortcutMaker that clearly identified the Llama's package "com.kebab.Llama/com.kebab.Llama.LauncherShortcutRunnerActivity"

I asked the GTW+developper to use it in his program but he does not know how to integrate it in line of code ...

I'm not developper so I do not know how help him :(

Thanks from developpers to explain how to do !

buggy_droid

Dec 9, 2012
Visit site
I can not because the shortcut contains several tasks chaining with conditions (hence the Llama use ;))

Use UCCW https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=in.vineetsirohi.customwidget&hl=en.
It lets you make your own custom widgets (Don't be intimidated. It's as easy as picking a predefined shape and color in the app, although it's highly customizable if you are into it. Mine is just a grey circle with a label :)) and give them a "hotspot", a link to another app or a shortcut (such as a Llama event!) you can press to execute.

One of the widgets I made by UCCW pops up when I plug my device to a computer's USB port (This is done by Llama, too). Pressing the popped-up icon runs a Llama shortcut which starts USB tethering and a samba server on the device. It effectively creates a makeshift, ad-hoc wired network for file share between the device and the computer without fiddling with other network settings.

One thing I don’t like about UCCW is that it feels a little heavy – responses are often lagged and the app occasionally runs wild for no apparent reason. I need to keep it down by Greenify when not using it. If anyone know a good (simple and lite) alternative to UCCW, I would be most interested.

VERSEAU

Dec 28, 2013
Visit site
Hi buggy_droid

Are you sure that UCCW can do what I want : 2 states with only 1 button (1 state with 1 button is easy : there's a lot widget which do that ...)

Let me know
Laurent

buggy_droid

Dec 9, 2012
Visit site
Hi buggy_droid

Are you sure that UCCW can do what I want : 2 states with only 1 button (1 state with 1 button is easy : there's a lot widget which do that ...)

Let me know
Laurent

I don't know if UCCW can do what you want. I know I can make 2-state, even 3- or 4-state toggles using UCCW, but as I said if there are other apps that do what UCCW does only with less overhead, do let me know. I will take it!!

By the way, to "pop up" UCCW widgets when I want, I use this app. You will find it useful, too.

VERSEAU

Dec 28, 2013
Visit site
Hi buggy_droid

After several tests, UCCW is incredible: it is almost completely configurable EXCEPT it does not reach what I want :
  • . what it can do : 1 task (hotspot) is linked to 1 form
  • . what I want : toggle button requires 2 tasks (so forms) at SAME place : forms being superimposing, only 1 is available
Good try but does not work :'(

The more I consider the more I think the solution is to find how to list and run the app's shortcuts from a program (which lines of code ? )

Any idea ?

romelsms1

Dec 23, 2015
Visit site
hi,
I'm using this application for some time and still have same issues:
1.The app doesn’t change automatically the profile only if I “wake up” the phone (unlock it) --> For example when I get home normally the phone recognize the cell and it must change the profile…but it does not ! only if I “open the flip-case”
2. I don't have any "profile logo" in the notification bar...it's that normal? I searched in settings but I did not find anything like this! I saw that same colleagues have !

I'm using a Note 4 Android 5.1.1

buggy_droid

Dec 9, 2012
Visit site
hi,
I'm using this application for some time and still have same issues:
1.The app doesn’t change automatically the profile only if I “wake up” the phone (unlock it) --> For example when I get home normally the phone recognize the cell and it must change the profile…but it does not ! only if I “open the flip-case”

If you are on LTE, switch to 3G and use LTE only when you need it. Probably safe to say Llama will never work nice with LTE (absence of unique cell ID).
If not, then this;
kebabapps: faq
My events have an enter/in area condition, and they're still not firing straight away.
Only once I've turned the screen on. What's causing this?

2. I don't have any "profile logo" in the notification bar...it's that normal? I searched in settings but I did not find anything like this! I saw that same colleagues have !

I'm using a Note 4 Android 5.1.1

You mean this?
HsCiE9m.png

buggy_droid

Dec 9, 2012
Visit site
yes that one! it's makr but still no Llama logo on the notification bar!

Make sure Settings > apps > Llama > notification is checked.
Ignoring the possibilities that something is broken (either the OS, Llama, or the hardware) or you set up the device to hide/silence notifications from selected apps, if you set up Llama notification to show and it doesn't, that means Llama service is being killed by the OS (i.e., your device does not have enough RAM for your use case) or by a task killer you set up (basically means the same thing - not enough RAM, but you have more control here. Better yet, stop using a task killer altogether). If Llama service is being killed, no surprise your events are not firing when you want them to. No point kicking a dead Llama to get it to poll cell - it won't.

Try setting "ongoing notification and icon (high priority)". If that doesn't work, you have to uninstall other apps running services in background to free up available RAM. Uninstall any task killer if you use any.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dominic Haar