K-9 using too much memory

azjerry

Dec 16, 2009
Visit site
I've been battling the low memory problem for awhile. The main memory culprit by far is K-9 with 99 MB of memory used. The cache was only a couple of KB. Adding up all the folder sizes gets to something less than 2MB yet the data size is 95MB. What's using all the memory and how do I get it down to a reasonable size?

Last edited:

Kage_

Apr 5, 2010
Visit site
My K-9 shows to be using 5.1MB. Have you tried rebooting your device to see if that clears it up?

azjerry

Dec 16, 2009
Visit site
Re-booted, pulled the battery - no change. I then updated to the latest 2709 version and first tried the Clear All Data option which cut the size of each account dramatically and the data size by a similar absolute (not percentage) amount. I then tried the Recreate Account (Last resort) option which cut the each account to 14 kB and total data to 79 MB. This last option, apparently, deletes ALL data but the setup options. In other words all folders and messages are gone from the phone until I refresh the folders and then select a folder. That fetches the headers for that folder.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kerokekerol