Hi all,

Having a tough time figuring this one out. I need an app that will open docx files from the stock email app. I'm using the Motorola Xyboard -honeycomb and the Samsung Galaxy Nexus-ICS. I can open pdf and xlsx from both stock email apps on both devices with no problem. If I try to open docx, it says info instead of, view-open-save. I click info and it tells me to go to the market to download something to open the doc with. My current workaround is to forward to my gmail account. Then I can open the docx file. I have tried quickoffice hd, docs to go, and kingsoft. I have resbooted after installation, force closed email after installation and nothing works. Any suggestions? I have searched the internet and cant find an answer. Thank you.
    techgirlpgh@blogspot.com
    01-28-2012 07:27 PM
    I just verified this on my Galaxy Nexus. I have Documents to Go and get email on the stock app. When I open an email with a docx attachment, it lets me tap it, then it asks to,open in Document Viewer or Word to Go. I tap Word to Go, and it opens. I know this also worked on my Incredible with Gingerbread.

If it doesn't give you this option, you may download a file explorer app like Astro. Then in Astro, find a docx file on your phone and tap to open it. If it is not associated with a program, it will prompt you to open it with a program. Maybe then it will open within Mail?

Sent from Tapatalk HD - iPad
    01-28-2012 08:08 PM
    Hi Fahrenheit,
    Are you using IMAP email on the stock app?Its happening with my work email with imap settings. I never had a problem on my thunderbolt. I read on other posts that ms word 2010 is the culprit but I'm not sure if it is. The box asking me to choose an app doesn't come up with docx but will xlsx.
    01-28-2012 08:17 PM
    Hi Fahrenheit,
    I tried your astro suggestion and it didn't work. I can still only open docx from gmail not imap.
    I attached what it looks like when i click on attachments. It just says info with nothing else to choose.
    Thank you.
    01-28-2012 09:00 PM
    Just answered my own question. OfficeSuite Pro 5 will let me view docx and save it on both devices. I downloaded the trial from the market. It lasts 30 days. The full cost is $9.99. If anyone finds a free one in the next 30 days, please let me know.
    01-28-2012 09:57 PM
    yoc can first dowlode thr file to your device and then open the file with any app you have to open and view file
    06-13-2012 05:44 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD