Google Calendar and Moto Droid

Snooz

Oct 22, 2009
Visit site
I'm a little confused. I am using Google Calendar. When I add an event on my Droid, I thought it was supposed to automatically appear on my Google Calendar. Do I have to initiate a sync from my phone to Google Calendar? If so, how?

Thanks

AznRaven918

Nov 10, 2009
Visit site
I'm a little confused. I am using Google Calendar. When I add an event on my Droid, I thought it was supposed to automatically appear on my Google Calendar. Do I have to initiate a sync from my phone to Google Calendar? If so, how?

Thanks

I am getting a similar problem. I am adding an event for just one day, and it shows up on my calendar, but when I add an event that I need everyday, it's not coming up, but it still alerts me. I don't know why it's doing that. I had the G1 and it's a bit similar to the Droid. I never had a problem with the calendar feature.

TreyDaPrince

Oct 28, 2009
Visit site
That's strange because I don't have that problem. I have Google calendar and when I add something from my phone it translates straight to the computer and I thought that was pretty awesome. Can't explain why its not working for you.

tuga

Nov 26, 2009
Visit site
same thing with me...and the only suggestions i have had are to use outlook and google sync as a go-between. i'd just as soon keep outlook out of the loop. any luck with any of you?

korp#IM

Nov 24, 2009
Visit site
That's strange because I don't have that problem. I have Google calendar and when I add something from my phone it translates straight to the computer and I thought that was pretty awesome. Can't explain why its not working for you.
Same here ..... The only thing I could think of is to check and make sure your sync is turned on ..... settings > accounts & sync .. auto sync on and the account. Also go into calendar and ... menu > my calendars .... and make sure your account is checked.

Foyt20

Dec 11, 2009
Visit site
Going along with this, does the Droid accept the sports calendars also? Those dont show up in my list of calendars under settings. Any thoughts?

TKNOVA

Nov 10, 2009
Visit site
Going along with this, does the Droid accept the sports calendars also? Those dont show up in my list of calendars under settings. Any thoughts?

I have the same issue. I can't seem to be able to add sports team calendars in the "my calendars" section of my phone app. Also, the events from the sports team calendars in the web version of google calendar do not show up on my phone through the sync process.

It is perplexing. I welcome any suggestions.

Ret.Lt-SA

Nov 6, 2009
Visit site
I may be mistaken but I thought I saw this as an issue to be addressed when the next update is pushed in January. I am going to do a little digging and see what I can find.

Update: I guess I was wrong, checked the original Verizon document with upcoming fixes and this was not mentioned. Sorry

Last edited:

bigdogs

Dec 17, 2009
Visit site
You can get the Sports Calendars on the Droid if they are on your Google Calendar. On your Droid, go into your calendar, hit Menu > My Calendars. While in My Calendars hit Menu again and then Add, and your sports calendar should be in the list, although only one of two I have where in the list (maybe because it's not MLB season, but it is NFL season?)

Foyt20

Dec 11, 2009
Visit site
When I go into calendar> menu> more> my calendars> menu> Add Calendars> there is nothing listed to add, and the OK button is greyed out. Hmmmmmmm... Interesting. Seems hit or miss.

herki

Dec 15, 2009
Visit site
Everything works fine for me... Calendars sync and repeat just fine for me.

I subscribed to my facebook calendar URL on google, and it syncs with my Droid just fine. It even updates.
Is that how your sports calendars are on google, or is it something else besides a URL?

thomascj

Nov 9, 2009
Visit site
couple of things:

I doubt the event would appear in your calendar if you added it on your phone and press "refresh" on your browser two seconds later -- surely there is some kind of delay. I am using Google Calendar, which is syncing with my work Outlook calendar via Google's little sync app. Anything I add to the phone gets added to GCal, which in turn gets synced to my work PC -- works very well. check your settings and see if it indicates how often it syncs.

next -- sports calendars... if you use an igoogle page, you probably noticed a long time ago that the sports calendars are not available there either. having said that, i was not surprised to find them not available on the droid.

quite some time ago i did post in a google owned/operated help community about it, and got the impression that i (we) weren't the only ones wondering whats up w/ that, but haven't yet seen a response back from google explaining what's going on.

i don't particularly understand why it doesn't work, as it shows other calendars that i've added.

under "my calendars" i just have my personal calendar, and one for billing due dates. under "other calendars" i have my gmail contacts birthdays (i didn't even add this), My JamBase (concert tracking website, added this one myself using URL), my two sports calendars (Yankees/Giants, added from googles new "sports calendar" feature), phases of the moon, US holidays, and Weather, all of which i added from google.

thing is, on droid/igoogle, i get to see all of those EXCEPT the two sports calendars. very wierd.

UPDATE: didn't see the post above explaining how to add sports calendars before posting -- but I get the same as the person above mentioned. no calendars shown, OK butten inactive.

also, looking at the "calendar settings" -- all of my calendars have XML, RSS, and HTML options, whereas the two sports calendars only have HTML. wonder if that's the problem?

Last edited:

TKNOVA

Nov 10, 2009
Visit site
The sports calendars seem to be the issue here. Everything else (individual events, phases of the moon, US holidays, etc) syncs well between the phone and the web app. The "add calendars" button in the menu structure of the phone is turned off. Not sure if this is a "bug" or a "feature."