What kinds of applications would you like to see?

Are you familiar with Micro Apps? Have you heard of the WIMM Platform? The WIMM One provides a micro experience through Micro Apps. They are Android based apps you can create for the wearable WIMM One. Micro Apps deliver small bits of information, fast. There are endless possibilities!

What kinds of Micro Apps would you be interested in?
    A Metronome? A Magic 8 Ball? A fitness tracker? A Drink Recipe Book? Google Calendar? Twitter updates? Heart rate monitor?

Share your ideas here!! We would love to hear from you!
    02-08-2012 12:57 PM
    It looks like the WIMM platform is quite a ways off, so are you asking about micro apps in general, as a concept for current phones and tablets?

I personally think some apps try to do too much instead of one thing well. So the concept of micro apps (delivering small bits of information, fast) definitely appeals to me. That's also why I like widgets so much and think they are currently underutilized by developers. Being able to glance down at your phone to get some quick info is sometimes all you want - you don't want to open an app, find the right screen with info, then close the app, etc.

Widgets have some limitations re: battery life, cpu, update interval, etc. But quick widgets or micro apps are definitely a great idea.
    Lali S likes this.
    02-08-2012 01:41 PM
    Yeah, I am interested to know what people think of Micro Apps, and what ideas people would have. Specifically talking about Micro Apps for the WIMM One, but I want to hear people's ideas.

It is interesting that you think some apps try to do too much. I agree with that.

What are some of your favorite widgets to use? That is definitely a similar concept to the Micro App.

Of course, there are always technical limitations, but if you were to think outside of that, any specific ideas you can think of for great Micro Apps? Anything that you believe people really need or want?
    02-08-2012 01:45 PM