I am on call for hospital frequently, and need my phone by my bed, and do NOT want to hear all the notifications from all these messaging/email/agenda apps going off....

Is there something to automatically shut down the sound for non-phone apps?

thank you
    02-18-2012 05:43 AM
    Klaxon Oncall Pager might work.

Setup Klaxon to alert using the alarm volume and then mute the notification volume.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk
    02-18-2012 07:59 AM
    i've been using the hush app, free version. you can set it to turn on when it is plugged in, and can either mute, or set volume of notifications, ringer, alarm, and media.
    02-18-2012 08:14 AM
    You can use something like Tasker or Setting Profiles.

I personally use Setting Profiles, but they are pretty similar. They allow you basically to set up profiles and rules, so for example, I have some things set up like:

1) Phone is completely silent from 11pm to 7am, UNLESS my wife, my parents, or my boss call.
    2) Phone silences itself when I have a meeting on my calendar so I don't have to manually do it.
    3) Wifi turns on automatically when I get home, and off when I leave (then turns on again when I get to the office). Saves some battery. A few other things occur when I plug it into my car dock, such as Bluetooth automatically turns itself on and Pandora starts up.
    4) My ringtone and wallpaper change to be more "professional" when I'm at the office.

You can do a lot of other things with it as well, but that gives some examples.
    02-18-2012 10:23 AM
    Llama works really well for me for profile setting automated management.
    02-18-2012 01:02 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD