Go Launcher EX Won't Stay Selected

anon(410919)

Jul 16, 2011
Visit site
Good Day All,

My wife and I installed GoLauncher EX on our Incredible 2s a week or so ago. Overall, we love the interface. We are having one persistent problem, however.

For some reason, the default home will not stay set to Go Launcher. I set it to Go Launcher and check the box at the bottom to make it permanent. Then within a few hours or so (sometimes within a few minutes), I'll hit the home button and I get asked again which application I want to use, Go Launcher, or HTC Sense. This has been happening off and on since I installed Go Launcher last week, and happens when I'm in a variety of apps, even within another screen of Go Launcher. It also happens several times a day in the same app.

I have tried completely un-installing all the Go Launcher components (Go Launcher, Go Locker, Go Weather and all themes, widgets, etc). Then, I re-installed Go Launcher, set my default home to Go Launcher yet the problem still persists.

I realize that there are other choices out there for Sense replacement, but we both like Go Launcher and want to keep it around. Hoping we can find a solution so we can keep it...

Thanks,

Bill Anderson

whymista

Jan 16, 2012
Visit site
No clue, I just installed it on my htc evo design and only have a problem with go locker not starting immediately.

Anything else you can pinpoint thats different. If anything heres a bump to keep it on top.

mikedenney

Sep 10, 2012
Visit site
Good Day All,

My wife and I installed GoLauncher EX on our Incredible 2s a week or so ago. Overall, we love the interface. We are having one persistent problem, however.

For some reason, the default home will not stay set to Go Launcher. I set it to Go Launcher and check the box at the bottom to make it permanent. Then within a few hours or so (sometimes within a few minutes), I'll hit the home button and I get asked again which application I want to use, Go Launcher, or HTC Sense. This has been happening off and on since I installed Go Launcher last week, and happens when I'm in a variety of apps, even within another screen of Go Launcher. It also happens several times a day in the same app.

I have tried completely un-installing all the Go Launcher components (Go Launcher, Go Locker, Go Weather and all themes, widgets, etc). Then, I re-installed Go Launcher, set my default home to Go Launcher yet the problem still persists.

I realize that there are other choices out there for Sense replacement, but we both like Go Launcher and want to keep it around. Hoping we can find a solution so we can keep it...

Thanks,

Bill Anderson

Same exact problem, HTC Aria running CyanogenmMod-7.1.0-Liberty.

It's been two weeks since I began using CM7, otherwise minimal issues, mostly my getting used to it's increased # of features and their locations. But it's not me here--I've ticked that 'default' box a hundred times by now, no deal. Went in several times and cleared defaults for GoLauncher under the app manager, to see if it would reset correctly, but no-go.

Good idea about it being on SD card--mine IS installed there, but I'm like Bill Anderson here, I don't think it'll help moving it--it was doing it [not keeping default settings] for a whole week before I thought to move it to the SD card anyway, so...?

Like I said, though--otherwise, I'm loving my CM7--the best thing for me was discovering how much better speech recognition worked once I got it installed!

ThePurpleAndroid

Sep 16, 2012
Visit site
I coming to the conclusion its a HTC thing... Mine was doing the same thing when I first installed Go Launcher... I unchecked the Fast Boot option in the settings under Power. Then restart your phone. See if that helps

Sent from my HTCEVODesign4G using Android Central Forums