Does anyone know what tethering apps are the best that don't require root that I can side load? Do they work without root?

Thanks
    02-20-2012 09:16 AM
    If you choose not to root, any tethering app you choose to use won't give you any additional functionality. So there's really no app. If you're looking to get past additional charges for tethering, then rooting is the only way to go.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk
    02-20-2012 02:13 PM
    02-21-2012 07:22 PM
    Go to market and download the svtp tethering app

Sent from my SCH-I510 using Tapatalk
    02-22-2012 11:39 PM
    PDA.net works without root! Helped my friend do his device and its not rooted! Check out my channel if you have the tine!(:
    AndroidLifeStyle's Channel - YouTube
    02-23-2012 06:24 AM
    If you choose not to root, any tethering app you choose to use won't give you any additional functionality. So there's really no app. If you're looking to get past additional charges for tethering, then rooting is the only way to go.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk
    This guy is wrong. I know for a fact you can activate your wifi hotspot on Gingerbread using an app called FoxFi.

Some people have reported needing both FoxFi and PDANet 3.25, but either way you'll get the wifi hotspot on your phone without rooting. The thread with info is linked below:

http://forums.androidcentral.com/dro...free-wifi.html
    02-26-2012 12:33 PM
    EasyTether.
    02-26-2012 05:58 PM
    Thanks guys. Have anyone tried the clockworkmod tether app? That claims to work without root access
    02-27-2012 01:36 PM
    Did this with my stratosphere non rooted phone and worked like a charm. Thanks
    This guy is wrong. I know for a fact you can activate your wifi hotspot on Gingerbread using an app called FoxFi.

Some people have reported needing both FoxFi and PDANet 3.25, but either way you'll get the wifi hotspot on your phone without rooting. The thread with info is linked below:

http://forums.androidcentral.com/dro...free-wifi.html

Sent from my SCH-I405 using Tapatalk
    02-27-2012 01:51 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD