Hi guys,

Is anyone else having problems this morning with multiplied notifcations from the Facebook app?

My phone's going crazy! Whenever I get one comment, the notification comes through SEVEN times in a row!!! I had to turn off sound not to drive anyone mad at work...
    It's just one comment, 'one' notification, but the counter (in NoLED) says I have seven notifications from Facebook and sound/vibration does seem to be running seven times whenever I get that.

anyone else having this issue? It was working fine yesterday...
    02-22-2012 08:51 AM
    Same here, its the same notification but goes off so many times in a row its like my EVO became epileptic. Happened about a week ago for me too. Just woke up in the morning and it was bugging out! I have uninstalled, reinstalled, fixed permissions, even reverted to an older apk but nothing, I didn't have a titanium back up of the app so I dunno. Been looking everywhere to find a ssolution and I sent two bug reports to Facebook. Also with mine at certain locations it wont allow to post to walls or update my status unless I remove my location or intentionally do a check in at home or an establishment. Just started happening out of no where! Anyone have any idea how to fix this?????
    02-28-2012 01:38 AM
    I continue to search and search, but I guess this issue only happens to a select few..... And I, unfortunately, just happen, to be, on of them. :banghead:

Sent from my MiKinized SuprEVO
    02-28-2012 09:41 AM
    I know, I've been searching the net and only a few posts in forums like this one pop up... As you, I've sent Facebook a couple of bug notifications but I doubt they'll ever respond... It does seem to be happening to only a few, it doesn't seem to have anything to do with the app itself but something that goes awry on their back-end (no pun intended).

So, for the sake of 'just ruling things out'... what other variables do you guys have? I'm on a Samsung Galaxy S2, using Facebook and FriendCaster pro (on the same phone and with the same account), using NoLED for notification display (that's how I know my phone goes off seven times with each Facebook notification)... it only happens SOMETIMES, it only happens with Facebook notifications (FriendCaster's seem to be unaffected).
    02-28-2012 10:05 AM
    Same here just got got friendcaster pro yesterday, not as instant as I would like it to be but better than a psycho phone. I'm on an EVO 4G. I am using light Flo to take advantage of the wimax led that sprint never took advantage of, mainly because I will never have 4g in this neighborhood. I dunno what else to try. Friendcaster polls the site for you, so you wouldn't get 7 notifications from them, they just check to see what's different on your notifications from the last refresh which is about every five mins I think. Definitely something more to do with their push servers. sometimes I will get a bunch of em, and check it and still get one more notification. Really odd

02-28-2012 10:18 AM
    You know you can alway just download the Blackberry Smartphone Device Simulator, its a developers tool to test BB apps, you can even choose what device to emulate and which carrier software also. So if there is a certain model or carrier you're accustomed to you may use that particular one... Just sayin

Heres a link

BlackBerry - Smartphone Simulators
    02-29-2012 03:22 PM
    Wow, my previous post wasn't supposed to be to this topic.... His the heck did that happen????

03-02-2012 12:12 AM