I am sure I am not the only one having this problem but maybe I am the only one that hasn't figured out how to fix it. Thursday my gmail app on my phone stop notifying/syncing emails. No notification whatsoever, and when I just happened to check on my computer I realized I had missed about 30 emails. Sometimes I can manual sync and it will pull the emails up but I still have to delete emails twice since its not syncing. If anyone has a procedure I can do to fix this, I would be greatly appreciative. I have already tried reboot and clear data processes and its still not working. I must say the whole situation has become highly frustrating.
    Thanks
    02-26-2012 01:28 PM
    do a hard reset back to factory fresh state. then do a manual resync and reinstall of everything (don't use a back up app to restore).

i had the same problem (lost push Gmail) after the last major OS update and this fixed it for me.

good luck.
    02-26-2012 06:57 PM
    Settings> Accounts & Sync> Click on Gmail account and make sure the "Sync Gmail" box is check

Sent from my Transformer TF101 using Tapatalk
    02-27-2012 02:47 AM
    Settings> Accounts & Sync> Click on Gmail account and make sure the "Sync Gmail" box is check

Sent from my Transformer TF101 using Tapatalk
    There isn't a "Accounts and Sync" option on the Atrix. If I go into "accounts" and go into google gmail, there isn't anywhere to check/uncheck sync. I can just see when the last sync was or I can manually sync
    02-27-2012 05:44 AM
    Do what he said...
    Do a hard reset back to factory fresh state. Then do a manual resync and reinstall of everything (don't use a back up app to restore).

I had the same problem (lost push Gmail) after the last major OS update and this fixed it for me. Good luck.
    [Edited by Rush Lindsay]
    02-27-2012 06:23 PM
    Check out an application called "Synker" on the market... it may help you out.
    02-27-2012 06:39 PM
    Do what he said...

[Edited by Rush Lindsay]
    Tried this last night and still no dice
    02-28-2012 06:23 AM
    Check out an application called "Synker" on the market... it may help you out.
    The Synker app appears to be working. Well it's between Synker and another app I downloaded called sync settings. One of them or the combination has be running again. Lol
    02-28-2012 02:42 PM
    The Synker app appears to be working. Well it's between Synker and another app I downloaded called sync settings. One of them or the combination has be running again. Lol
    The sync settings app and the link in the main Synker app for Accounts & Sync Settings basically take you to the same place, the core Android Accounts & Sync Settings page. Synker will also allow you to create a widget or Tasker/Locale profile to force sync specific accounts on demand.
    02-28-2012 02:50 PM
    I noticed that. I took it off push notifications and have it autosyncing every 20. While I am still not getting emails instantly, at least I don't have to keep manually syncing.
    02-28-2012 04:46 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD