Hey guys I just got the EVO, I was a big blackberry guy and really liked it but the EVO was to good to pass up when my contract was up. I really loved bbm and was wondering if there are any apps that i can get to either get bbm on my droid or something very similiar to it that i can get as an app. that other people i know with bb's or i phones can get! I am looking for the R and D and smileys and such. Thanks so much for any help!!
    06-05-2010 07:35 PM
    Unfortunately, nope. BBM is for Blackberries only. Gtalk (or Talk) on the Droid is somewhat integrated but it doesn't do the D/R like BBM does.
    06-05-2010 09:53 PM
    There is PIN messenger but its limited to hose who download it. So you can't expect everyone to have a pin number.

There's always google talk??
    06-05-2010 09:55 PM
    the only choices for us ex-BB users is cnectd and p-messenger. I haven't used p-messenger, but cnectd is pretty close to bbm. Not as good, and lacking a lot of the features, but you can get friends on BB, iPhone, and Android. but it has potential to be good.
    06-05-2010 10:17 PM
    Can someone explain to me the advantage of BBM over e-mail or text? I don't understand the difference except everyone can get the later two while only blackberry users get the former?

The only advantage I have heard that makes any sense is that you can get confirmation when the message is read, which I could really care less about.
    06-05-2010 11:02 PM
    Google Talk. It's free and I am fairly certain that every platform can get the Gtalk app one way or another.
    06-06-2010 07:59 AM
    Can someone explain to me the advantage of BBM over e-mail or text? I don't understand the difference except everyone can get the later two while only blackberry users get the former?

The only advantage I have heard that makes any sense is that you can get confirmation when the message is read, which I could really care less about.
    I don't get it either especially now that everything is threaded. And I had a BB too!
    06-06-2010 09:33 AM
    on my BB I used BBM and I tried cnectd, didn't work too well. Kinda slow! Regardless, I'll give it a try on my desire. I need a good push messaging system
    06-06-2010 09:47 AM
    BBM is just a Blackberry thing. Other then the confimration and ability to see if someone recieved and read your message its still just another messaging application.
    I have BBM for my BB friends and Yahoo Messenger for those who dont.
    I plan on finding a good Yahoo app for my EVO. Luckily for me work pays for my BB..
    06-06-2010 01:52 PM

I don't get it either especially now that everything is threaded. And I had a BB too!
    BBM uses data and runs over RIMs servers as opposed to sending SMS/MMS through your carrier which if you dont have an unlimited text plan can save when messaging to contacts who have BBs. Its simple quick and effective especially when you are using it for work to get a hold of co-workers real quick as well as you now have group chat in BBM which is great.

Personally I hate using SMS and prefer using IM type of messaging clients. Leave the texting to the kids!
    06-06-2010 03:05 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD