Titanium Backup, free or paid version?

MustangDan74

Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
I'm looking at rooting and flashing my phone but I'm wondering, is the free version of Ti Backup sufficient or am I better off buying the full version? What can the paid version do for me over the freebie?

Thanks-Dan

Cyber Warrior

Robots Will Kill
Nov 28, 2010
Visit site
You can get away with just using the free version... it covers all the basics that you need. If you go into the market and look at the description for the pro version.. it lists all of the additional features. The way I look at it is.. even if you don't need all the bells and whistles of the paid version... its still one of the most popular root apps to own and its always nice to support the dev for a great app... but yes... all you need is the free version.

somerussianguy

Feb 4, 2011
Visit site
Free version can backup your apps the same as the paid version, but it is a pain in the ass having to restore them since you have to keep pressing OK. Paid version covers that part. So with that being said, if you don't have that many apps or you just don't care about saving app settings or game progress for most of your apps, you should be good with the free version. But if you're planing on trying out many different ROMs, you should save your self the headache and get the paid version.

Doc

Jul 9, 2010
Visit site
This was the first app I purchased. It has come in handy as I had to reinstall my apps a few times when switching to a new ROM or reinstalling a Rom. It has also come in handy for some system apps that may not be in every ROM.

The pro version allows for easy restore.

Doc

Tarpit_Carnivore

Jul 4, 2010
Visit site
Free version can backup your apps the same as the paid version, but it is a pain in the ass having to restore them since you have to keep pressing OK. Paid version covers that part. So with that being said, if you don't have that many apps or you just don't care about saving app settings or game progress for most of your apps, you should be good with the free version. But if you're planing on trying out many different ROMs, you should save your self the headache and get the paid version.

Definitely highlighting the automatic install of backups. When I first started using TB I didn't think much of it but after needing to redo my phone a few times I realized just how nice it is to have that feature.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fallingOutOfLoveWfithTech