Memo pad/notes

lyrictenor1

Nov 10, 2009
Visit site
Is there a native app in the Droid that I'm overlooking that's like the "memo" app on the Blackberrys or the "notes" app on the iphone?

If there isn't one, do you guys have any recommendations for market apps for this purpose?

Reactions: heyandy889

Cory Streater

Sep 21, 2009
Visit site
I think the answer is "no" in regards to there being a stock app on the Motorola Droid.

Moving to the Apps forum so others will benefit from the above recommendations.

Reactions: heyandy889

Mr.Miagi

Nov 9, 2009
Visit site
I use sticky memo widget. you can select the widget size from 1x1 to 4x4 and all in between ( 1x3, 4x2, etc.). This shows your notes on the home screen and with just a tap on the sticky note you can edit what you have written down. Simple and in my face, I like.

pwrpcer

Apr 4, 2010
Visit site
I need an app like the 'Memos' in the Palm OS. You can add categories and have the notes in those categories alphabetized if you like.
The droid should have an app to import from the Palm memos. I was able to do a copy and paste into AK notepad, but it is just one long list, and is difficult to find my info quickly.

bobstudent3

Apr 26, 2010
Visit site
I need an app like the 'Memos' in the Palm OS. You can add categories and have the notes in those categories alphabetized if you like.
The droid should have an app to import from the Palm memos. I was able to do a copy and paste into AK notepad, but it is just one long list, and is difficult to find my info quickly.

Wow! Another person like me moving from Palm OS to Android! I thought I was the only one left! I have your solution here.

I tried half a dozen note type programs over the weekend. None had the features that I wanted, but I found some interesting ones.

Note Everything
img.php
or http://www.softxperience.mobi/23-1-Note-Everything.html is not the only one that will import from Palm, but there's a link on the left hand side of the web page that has instructions on how to do it.

DioMemo was interesting in that you could add a Google Map picture to your note.

What I was looking for was 2 things: a note app that can take multiple picture attachments and an app that integrates with Google Maps.

Have you ever been out in your car when you suddenly decide to order from a take-out restaurant? If you could call ahead and order so that the food will be ready for pick-up, it would avoid going there, reading the menu, ordering food, then waiting for it to be cooked. Unless if you happen to have the take-out menus in your car, you could just take pictures of take-out menus and keep it on your phone.

The problem is that menus can be pretty lengthy, so it's not really something you could fit into one picture. Most note programs don't have the ability to attach multiple pictures to a single note. The Incredible doesn't have the ability to organize pictures into an album, so there's no easy workaround.

Google Maps is great, but it doesn't let you leave notes on specific locations. If you were researching a trip ahead of time, you can 'star' all of the places you want to go, but you can't leave yourself a note about what you wanted to do when you got there. This feature would also be useful when you're watching the Food Network and think, "if I'm ever in Town X, I'm going to Restaurant Y and order Dish Z." You can go ahead and 'star' the location ahead of time in Google Maps, but you won't remember what to order when you get there.

Last edited:

shrano

May 8, 2010
Visit site
I'm new to Android phones. I need help w the notes apps. I like in the sample screen shots they show you a page like a bulletin board of diff colored sticky notes. I've downloaded ColorNotes, AK Notepad and Sticky Note. I cannot seem to make this happen in any of them - only if I click on the app and look at a list. In Sticky Note, I did get one "sticky note" to appear on my home page. One. I can't figure out how to create a "new note" in it. I apologize if this should be very simple, but I am at a complete loss. Thanks. If you can tell me how to do it on any of these programs, I really don't care which, i just would like one of my home scene pages to be just notes.

k, thanks. ;)

shrano

May 8, 2010
Visit site
Answers!

OK, so I did some more research and after over 1000 people viewed this thread since my last post with no solutions, I am happy to report that I found my answers...I can't possibly be the only Android newbie with this question, so here's what I found out:

AK NOTEPAD
This one seems to be easiest - you simply are in the app and hold your finger down on the note in the list, a menu pops up and you select "stick it' and it goes to your home screen.
YouTube - AK Notepad on Android: Sticking Notes to the Home Screen

COLOR NOTE:
Wouldn't you know it, the answer was here all along:
http://www.androidcentral.com/android-quick-app-colornote
you have to add it as a widget. To add a widget, hold your finger down on the background of the home screen and select ColorNote from the list.

STICKYNOTE
Because it's a widget, you have to go into the widget and add/create your new note.

My vote, even though not as 'fun' with having multiple colored stickies on your home screen, is for AK Notepad. I think it is the simplest and most efficient at creating a note and posting it to your home page.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dedehammac