Program similar to BerryBuzz for the Droid?

xiaosong

Nov 10, 2009
Visit site
So I migrated over from the blackberry storm and there was two things that I was missing with the Moto Droid.

The first was the ability to set custom profiles like phone only, which I was able to achieve with a mix of Profiles and Locale and works fine.

The other thing that I can't seem to find a replacement for is BerryBuzz, which allowed me to customize the LED color and notifications for each email account. This way, I didn't have to take the phone out of my pocket to know which email account I got emails in. I tried Missed Call, which showed me that the Moto Droid has a multi-color LED, but it doesn't do anything for emails.

Is there a program out there for the Droid like BerryBuzz?

largeselection

Nov 4, 2009
Visit site
+1 for this. LOVED berrybuzz on my blackberry. I could see what notification I had waiting without turning on the phone...great for meetings, etc. Would love this for the droid. ALSO, the droid LED is TINY and DIM. I never see the little green light out of the corner of my eye. My BB I could put on my desk and see notifications out of the corner of my eye, I haven't seen a notification on the droid like this yet...hasn't been a problem yet because I can't seem to put this droid down, but at some point I'm sure it'll be an issue.

xiaosong

Nov 10, 2009
Visit site
I think the problem with "Missed call" is that it does not have an option for email, only SMS and calls. I downloaded it and tried it out but I couldn't figure out how to set something for emails like with berrybuzz.

It was nice seeing that the Droid is able to display different colors for the LED besides green with Missed call.

rainbowbrite812

Nov 9, 2009
Visit site
yeah, missed call was the first app i dl for my droid as i can't live without my berrybuzz, i don't like that it doesn't support email notification, but i'm ok with it i guess. seems to work well for my missed calls, calendar & sms. although, it gives you the option to have individual settings for contacts and it doesn't seem like this works...at least i can't get it to, the settings i have for general calls or sms override the contact settings.

largeselection

Nov 4, 2009
Visit site
Tried it, but there's no brightness adjustment. For me it doesn't matter what colors they are if I never see them because they're too small and dim.

kenglishj

Feb 14, 2012
Visit site
For all those viewing this thread still (as it is on the first page of a Google search), go to the bellshare company website, they have an area where you can vote on sugestions on improving their products, one of those is BeBuzz for android. Here is the link:

BeBuzz for Android

Best part is, no login or registration required, and hopefully with enough votes, they might make a port for it

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laila Nance