I am a new android developer and have a little experience over it(about 3-4 months). I am planning to make an app . I have made the strategy . i want to know what things I should keep in my mind while developing the app.
    03-13-2012 06:00 AM
    It's a very broad questions. Here are few points:

1. Make sure it works on different configurations (e..g. screen sizes, portrait vs landscape, screen density, etc).
    2. Don't consume too many resources (memory, CPU time, etc).
    3. Respect your users
    4. Don't ask for permissions you don't really need
    5. Usability and look are very important
    6. Decide what is the minimal android version you want to support (e.g. API level 8)
    7. Implementation language (Java or one of the app builder frameworks)

stackoverflow.com is a good resource for Android developers. However you need to ask concrete techincal questions. A question like this one will not fly.
    SellnCLT85 and kamleshdumca like this.
    03-13-2012 09:56 PM
    thanks kamtsa
    can you please tell me how can I make my app to support multiple screen and densities. I tried to read about it but could not find appropriate answer.
    You can give give some link or reference.
    thanks a lot.
    03-13-2012 11:24 PM
    Android does most of the work for you. My suggestion to you for first app is first make it to work on a standard phone resolution (put your graphics files in res/drawable-hdpi) and portrait mode and then see how it behaves in landspace mode and different density phones. You will be surprise how well android will handle the differences. If there will be any issue, fix it then.

1. Use as much as you can density independent units ('dip' for pixels and 'sp' for font size).
    2. If you have issues, use the alterntive directories like res/layout-land or res/values-ldpi. Android will use the correct directory based on the user's device.
    3.To test on different device configurations, you can use the AVD emulator that comes with the Android SDK. It allows you to simulate any device you want.

You can find more info here and I am sure stackoverflow.com has tons of posts about it.
    Supporting Multiple Screens | Android Developers

There are many details that you will learn along the road. My advice is to just start and solve each problem as you encounter it.
    03-14-2012 08:00 AM