ok well not really the worlds best music player.

im looking for the worlds easiest music player with the most simple function that anyone could ever ask for:

so i just got my galaxy nexus, google play music sucks, i downloaded winamp, it sucks (though it rocks on PC) itunes sucks more balls than anything, i just had to point that out.

why do all these suck??? because im looking for one simple function that none of these have and im hoping someone can answer my prayers...

the function of remembering where i left off on a song when i multitask.

obviously if i fully exit the app it has the right to forget where i left off so my intentions are not to exit the app but multitask, pause the song, come back later and play from where i paused.

why do i want this? bc i dont listen to 3 min songs. i download concerts and radio shows which gets frustrating knowing where i left off when im an hour in and cant remember where i paused when an app resets the mp3.

any help or suggestions? please advise, thank you
    03-17-2012 01:58 AM
    Google Music remembers where you left off. I just confirmed it. Play a song, pause, go do something else, come back, play from where you left off.

Amazon Music also has this feature. And as I recall, apps like Rdio, Spotify and Pandora do as well.

So, maybe you're having some other problem?
    03-17-2012 02:46 PM
    PowerAmp seems to have that feature in my experience. It will automatically pick up where I've left of when I plug my headphones in.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk
    03-17-2012 03:46 PM
    Google Music remembers where you left off. I just confirmed it. Play a song, pause, go do something else, come back, play from where you left off.

Amazon Music also has this feature. And as I recall, apps like Rdio, Spotify and Pandora do as well.

So, maybe you're having some other problem?
    Exactly. I haven't found a music app that doesn't do what you're asking so something must be going wrong on your end.
    03-17-2012 03:52 PM
    I've been using MixZing free player. It works just fine remembering where it left off even on long tracks.
    03-17-2012 04:20 PM
    From what I remember cloud skipper music player does this and it had great lock screen controls.

Sent from my SCH-I500 using Tapatalk
    03-17-2012 07:18 PM
    PowerAmp, absolutely

Sent from the BACKside of Tapatalk
    03-17-2012 07:22 PM
    I think PlayerPro has that feature, although I never really paid much attention to that specific feature.
    03-17-2012 07:36 PM
    Exactly. I haven't found a music app that doesn't do what you're asking so something must be going wrong on your end.
    i have to disagree with both of you. i have spent hours playing with google music.

i multi task, go back into GM, i see exactly where i left off, i press play and it resets. every time

the ONLY time it plays where i left off is if i have the screen locked. but im not always locked in so its not really fun sticking to that..

i downloaded poweramp and will post results soon.
    03-24-2012 09:56 AM
    Try Music Folder Player.

Not fancy, but good for access by folder, and for resume and navigation within file (has slider plus FF and Rew x% or x seconds).

Resumes the last played song/audiobook/podcast when you exit the app (with or without pausing first) and come back again, though you have to navigate back to that folder.

Does not resume if you switch songs in that app. (Possibly if you wanted to play short songs between listening to your concert, you could exit and use another player app, then come back to Music Player Folder? I haven't tried this.)

I believe it resumes across phone shutdowns as well, but don't want to test this right now.
    03-24-2012 02:58 PM
    i think player pro is the best... but still you can find more here
    Best Android Apps: Top 150 Apps of 2012
    03-27-2012 08:11 AM
    Poweramp...worth every penny
    03-27-2012 08:44 AM
    I think PlayerPro is the best
    03-27-2012 08:55 AM
    so i got to try all of these suggestions yall made, thank you for that.

google play sucks major balls. plain and simple. its not user friendly, as simple and friendly as its interface and features are...its hostile. its not a fast functioning app to just click to do what u want in under 2 clicks (when i say click i mean touch bc i have gnex)

when i say i want something fast, i literaly mean it by all i gotta do is open the app, click playlist and press play. not click here find this, ok click this to suggest u mean ur entire playlist, click around a few times to find repeat all and shuffle all. no..thats not simple at all..ESPECIALLY when youre driving. i know what u guys are already thinking and gonna say to me so continue reading and ill make my point

poweramp was good, really good...except that it was a trial and i refuse to pay $5 just so i can PLAY music on my phone??? i like the locked screen features, i love the simple widgets. i love that i can plug in my headphones and itll play where it left off...that was a very nice surprise and feature where i was like omg this is exactly what i wanted.

playerpro was ok, again, i dont like the trial and im not paying $5 to play music on my phone

cloudskipper...damn man..youre so perfect but youre not. cloudskipper is free. cloudskipper is my penelope cruz from the movie vanilla sky. cloudskipper's support was whatever and not too helpful bc they were like it is what it is and deal with it bc "its an android" and we dont care to make it any better then what it is. cloudskippers lock screen is so sick bc of the options available BUT it doesnt always work bc "its an android, its not perfect" cloudskippers headphone plug in NEVER works for me. the widgets are sick too, similar to poweramps. its sad to see that an app like this has the potential to be the best music player on android ever...sigh...i guess ill just have to deal w ur imperfect ways.
    05-11-2012 11:56 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD