Hello... I'm sure this is a highly discussed topic but I am looking for a good Android Security app (purely for GPS tracking of lost phones) that is free and also has password protection or uninstall protection built in.

Does anyone have any recommendations?

I know WaveSecure (w/ UAP) is good... but with the plethora of Android apps, is there any that are free?
    06-07-2010 09:51 AM
    Hello... I'm sure this is a highly discussed topic but I am looking for a good Android Security app (purely for GPS tracking of lost phones) that is free and also has password protection or uninstall protection built in.

Does anyone have any recommendations?

I know WaveSecure (w/ UAP) is good... but with the plethora of Android apps, is there any that are free?
    I have downloaded Mobile Defense... looks like a solid UI and seems to be well "enough" hidden for my taste. Anyone have any opinions on this app?
    06-07-2010 10:24 AM
    I use WaveSecure myself, and I think it's well worth the 19.99$ a year. Compared to the price you pay for your phone, it's really not that big of a deal. I mean, I know everyone prefers free apps to paid ones, but it makes me smile when people expect services to be provided for free as well. I don't mean to offend you, it's just a little, you know... Then again, there are free security apps. Of course they only work in the US, but I guess that's not a problem for you, is it? I wouldn't mind paying for apps if I had access to them in the market, I could only buy WaveSecue since they sell via PayPal. Funny story.
    06-07-2010 11:42 AM
    I wouldn't mind the 19.99 fee myself if it were a 1 time price, but given that they offer a lot of features I can understand the recurring..

I think some of us are looking for a simplier solution that doesn't need all the bells&whistles. For myself all I want is the ability to send an SMS (that wouldn't show up on the phone of course), that would be able to Lock and/or wipe the phone/card. Or to reply back silently with GPS coordinates (Obviously it has to turn on the GPS too in this case) as to where the phone is.

I don't need a fancy website to track it constantly track it or the other stuff.

In short, I want something like "Butler" or RemoteLock (From the PalmOS days) with new gps ability.
    06-07-2010 12:59 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD