Missing Applications

bales

May 15, 2010
Visit site
I know this has been discussed on a few different threads but I thought I would consolidate to help bring light to this issue.

It seems as though the Android Market is not showing some apps. These apps are visible through 3rd party sites like AppBrain and Cyrket, but when you navigate to the Market on your phone, they are unable to be found. I've compiled a list of apps and devices that people across various support forums have posted that they've had issues with. I have a feeling this is a pretty major issue and Google doesn't seem to know about it yet. I'm advocating that everyone that has an Android device, to check the list of apps below. If you've discovered a missing app not listed, please post below.

Post here if you find an app through AppBrain, but cannot access it in the Market on your phone.

Affected Apps:
SlideScreen
LauncherPro
ADW.Launcher
Handcent SMS
People/Contacts Widget
WatchDroid
Where
Better Contacts
WeGolf
Setting Profiles
NetSMS
Quick Settings

Affected Devices:
HTC Evo - 2.1
HTC Hero - 2.1 (Some apps are working)
HTC Desire - 2.1
Moto Droid - 2.0 and 2.1
Moto Milestone - 2.1
HTC Increctible - 2.1
Droid Eris

Let Google know about this! If you are having these issues please post in the following threads. The more people we can get to speak up the sooner we can get Googles attention.

Application is not updated in the android market - Android Market Help

App disappears from the Market after upgrade - Android Developers | Google Groups

Issue 8917 - android - Market doesn't show some app. on Sense - Project Hosting on Google Code

dgolom

Feb 17, 2010
Visit site
Found every app I searched for in your list. Gave up after a few. LauncherPro, ADW, Where, and Handcent were all there. I think that apps tend to disappear for short periods of time while they are being updated.

KrispyKrink

Apr 5, 2010
Visit site
Carriers have the ability of blocking apps they don't want you to have. Not saying this is the cause, just something to think about.

bales

May 15, 2010
Visit site
Carriers have the ability of blocking apps they don't want you to have. Not saying this is the cause, just something to think about.

The developers for almost every app listed knows about this issue, yet cannot get Google to fix it. Read the links to the Google support forums I have in the original post.

LauncherPro, Handcent, and ADW have all given a direct link to their apk.

Last edited:

KrispyKrink

Apr 5, 2010
Visit site
The developers for almost every app listed knows about this issue, yet cannot get Google to fix it. Read the links to the Google support forums I have in the original post.

LauncherPro, Handcent, and ADW have all given a direct link to their apk.

Yeah, I've been reading through from various sources. What this says to me, if this issue grows or comes and go's, is that Google may be getting ready to pull the trigger on the Froyo OTA for Nexus One and launch of the new Market.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member