Google Voice

Do you use Google Voice with your Droid?

• Total voters

WarER4X

Feb 1, 2010
Visit site
I just got my invitation to GV last week. It is a pretty amazing service. At first, I couldn't decide whether I wanted to just go with the VM version or the new-phone-number version. I decided to go with the full GV phone number version, since I realized that people can still call my direct lines without any adverse affects. Since I've signed up, not a single person has left me a voicemail. :p The only one's I've gotten to play with thus far were the test ones that I sent to myself.

I haven't tried making an outgoing call from my Droid using the GV path yet, so don't know about the impact on voice lag.

Even though I haven't put my new Google Voice number to practical use yet, the time will come, eventually, when it will make sense to do so. In the meantime, I want to get an account for my wife, too. That way, we'll both be ready to go.

-SR-

flipfone

Apr 5, 2010
Visit site
I just got my invitation to GV last week. It is a pretty amazing service. At first, I couldn't decide whether I wanted to just go with the VM version or the new-phone-number version. I decided to go with the full GV phone number version, since I realized that people can still call my direct lines without any adverse affects. Since I've signed up, not a single person has left me a voicemail. :p The only one's I've gotten to play with thus far were the test ones that I sent to myself.

I haven't tried making an outgoing call from my Droid using the GV path yet, so don't know about the impact on voice lag.

Even though I haven't put my new Google Voice number to practical use yet, the time will come, eventually, when it will make sense to do so. In the meantime, I want to get an account for my wife, too. That way, we'll both be ready to go.

-SR-

youll probably get some invites soon so you can invite your wife. I LOVE my GV # i give it to EVERYONE. then once i get your number i make it go directly to VM or to whatever phones i want you to reach me at.

PainKiller

May 13, 2010
Visit site
I love it too and just use it right now for VM and giving out numbers to unknown sources. I would like to use it outgoing more but it seems when I try the party I am calling (usually someone I know) doesn't recognize the number and I get their VM...lol I do use it calling random people though. Works great.

objectuser

Jul 2, 2010
Visit site
Just wanted to say thanks for the great advice in this thread. I came from an iPhone 3G and didn't even consider that Android wouldn't have standard visual voicemail. But 15min setting up Google Voice gave me much more than what I had on the iPhone. Love it!