Hey everyone!!!

Just released my new app! 50% of all proceeds will be given to a cancer patient in need! The app is based off of the concept pioneered by SMS Popup. Since SMS Popup is now an abandoned app, we took the same concept of popup notifications, re-wrote the code from the ground up, extensively tested it on a variety of devices and OSs and have greatly improved the concept.

Soon we will be releasing plugins to extend the app's functionality to interact with various other system and 3rd party apps to bring you even more popups. This will give you complete control over what features you want.

Key Features: Unread popup scrolling, popup customization, long press options and more!

Please check out the app and share! - Popup Notifications for Android

Thank you!!!!
    Kahil

PossumPete and sermojohn like this.
    04-06-2012 03:30 PM
    Great cause! Bring on the updates adding more apps.
    04-07-2012 07:10 AM
    we hope to soon. planning on releasing one plugin and one theme as soon as we do some testing.
    PossumPete likes this.
    04-07-2012 11:28 PM
    Heya!

We just released a new, major update to the app! Now we have a couple theme packs to introduce that will allow you to further customize the look of the popup. In conjunction with a new feature that lets you choose a different theme for each contact, you can take the customizations to the next level.

We've added a LOT of new features and options to the app as well. Things like our new experimental "pocket protector" option. With this, if you have it set to turn on your screen and show the popup, you have the phone's proximity sensor prevent this from happening if the phone is in your pocket, purse or turned face down. We came up with this to prevent any accidental butt deletes.

Please, check out the app and our themes. We have more themes to come in the future and will also be releasing some plugins. On that note, if any of you are developers with apps that serve up notifications, feel free to contact me about creating a plugin that will bring popup notifications to your app.

Don't forget to give the app and themes a 5 star rating and a kick *** comment!

Find us on Facebook - https://www.facebook.com/pages/Popup...22417461215708

Find us on Google+ - https://plus.google.com/105176136444446138924
    05-23-2012 12:50 PM
    Wow...been a while since we've updated y'all on the app hasn't it?

Well, since we last stopped by the app has been updated a few times to fix some minor bugs and to add new requested features. We've also been busy updating our themes. We've even launched our first plugin that extends the functionality of the app beyond just text messages.

Coming soon are updates to the main app, themes and plugins.

Check it out! Feel free to suggest new features or plugins!

As always, a portion of all proceeds are going directly to a cancer patient in need.

Thanks everyone!

Popup Notifications for Android - Spiderfly Studios
    07-28-2012 05:08 PM
    I am new to Android (after many years with Blackberries) and this is a really good app that works perfectly on my S3. I'm looking forward to updates and additional plug-ins.

Now if only I could find an e-mail popup/notification app that works as well as this SMS popup app does.
    I don't miss my BB at all except for the e-mail notifications (popups, LED's, and filters). That is one area that Blackberry seems to work better than what is currently available for my S3.
    I would really appreciate it if anyone knows of an e-mail notification app (that actually works with the LED's and gives a pop-up), and also an e-mail filter app (with a blacklist) that actually works on the S3.
    07-28-2012 10:42 PM
    Good news then because we have a plugin for that on the drawing board.
    tsells likes this.
    07-28-2012 10:46 PM
    Looks cool.

Just to clarify, SMSPopup isn't abandoned. It was updated in May.
    08-01-2012 01:37 PM
    LOL...and just to clarify...when I made the first post, at that time it had been for quite some time. Either way, we are confident that our app is now on another level from SMS Popup as it does much more and we are taking the concept to new levels.

The next update will support the new enhanced notification stuff that google threw into Jelly Bean. Attached is a lil preview of just that. We are in the final round of testing and if all goes well I will be able to push the update this evening.

Looks cool.

Just to clarify, SMSPopup isn't abandoned. It was updated in May.
    tsells likes this.
    08-01-2012 01:47 PM
    LOL...and just to clarify...when I made the first post, at that time it had been for quite some time. Either way, we are confident that our app is now on another level from SMS Popup as it does much more and we are taking the concept to new levels.

The next update will support the new enhanced notification stuff that google threw into Jelly Bean. Attached is a lil preview of just that. We are in the final round of testing and if all goes well I will be able to push the update this evening.
    Touche'

08-02-2012 12:33 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD