Just received an email from SWYPE's beta tester team.. Loaded it all up and its noticeably better than the last one!!
    06-08-2010 01:52 PM
    i think they really locked down the apk on this one. You have to have the swype installer install it for you. It goes through a registration process through the installer. If you just try to install the apk by itself then the swype functionality is gone ... tried to install it on my friends droid
    06-08-2010 01:56 PM
    bummer... Well Ill just start sending out the installer
    lol
    06-08-2010 02:06 PM
    I was thinking of that as well. I'm going to test with my homie and see if he can with my installer credentials.
    06-08-2010 02:12 PM
    Someone needs to get this out to the rest of us fast. I hate closed betas!
    06-08-2010 03:30 PM
    It does not look like it works well on Froyo...
    06-08-2010 06:27 PM
    That's awesome I hope it's out soon for the rest of us
    06-08-2010 06:32 PM
    Works good on my froyo so far. seems more accurate than the last one.
    06-08-2010 07:33 PM
    Works good on my froyo so far. seems more accurate than the last one.
    You know what? I must have installed it incorrectly the first time. This time, it is working just fine. Thank you for confirming it works on Froyo.
    06-08-2010 08:27 PM
    I just got done installing it -- maybe it just needs time for me to adjust to it, but the previous version seemed to work smoother for me. So far I don't see what is better about this version.
    06-08-2010 10:23 PM
    after using it for a couple of hours, have not had any issues.
    06-08-2010 10:54 PM
    Looks like they complete F'd up the beta release yet again...

I've ben a beta tester for swype since january. I have the official beta and got it all correct and proper right from swype.

The last time they did an "official" release they sent versions that were the wrong versions for the device you registered with them. I had to uninstall the screwed up one they sent me and get an "unofficial" one from a forum board link. Basically, stealing it and going around their cleverly contrived and elaborate process of keeping this wonderful app our of the hands of the general public.

It pissed me off to be a registered and legit beta tester and have to resort to basically stealing it. I've sent the dev emails and feedback to help improve the app from time to time and was excited to see an official beta update. I followed their directiona, uninstalled the old version and followed the link for the new one, entered user name, password and everything....

What do you think happened? You guessed it, totally f'd up, won't work at all and a zillion error messages. I had to resort to to my old, stolen copy.

I love this app, best keyboard out there. But, the whole "closed beta" release and the convoluted "installer" just plain sucks and makes me want to send a pissed off email to the dev urging him to pull his head out of his... And just release the darn thing and quit screwing around with this "closed"
    BS.
    06-09-2010 12:42 AM
    I gave up on the last version because I found it badly inaccurate. Switched to shapewriter which I found to be better. So far I like this version quite a bit more.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk
    06-09-2010 08:09 AM
    I have an older version of Swype on my Droid. Really don't know exactly which version it is, but I would LOVE to get this new update if anyone can find a work around for their crazy fortress of hate...
    06-09-2010 09:35 AM
    Working just fine on FroYo for me. Do wish that I could change the color of the keyboard- previously was running the droid-life swype installers that were colored b/c the swype beta kept crashing on my droid (the unsupported device issue)
    06-09-2010 09:39 AM
    Anyone have the .apk file for us that are unlucky enough to be included in this beta? I am still running the one from droid-life.
    06-09-2010 09:49 AM
    Looks like they complete F'd up the beta release yet again...

I've ben a beta tester for swype since january. I have the official beta and got it all correct and proper right from swype.

The last time they did an "official" release they sent versions that were the wrong versions for the device you registered with them. I had to uninstall the screwed up one they sent me and get an "unofficial" one from a forum board link. Basically, stealing it and going around their cleverly contrived and elaborate process of keeping this wonderful app our of the hands of the general public.

It pissed me off to be a registered and legit beta tester and have to resort to basically stealing it. I've sent the dev emails and feedback to help improve the app from time to time and was excited to see an official beta update. I followed their directiona, uninstalled the old version and followed the link for the new one, entered user name, password and everything....

What do you think happened? You guessed it, totally f'd up, won't work at all and a zillion error messages. I had to resort to to my old, stolen copy.

I love this app, best keyboard out there. But, the whole "closed beta" release and the convoluted "installer" just plain sucks and makes me want to send a pissed off email to the dev urging him to pull his head out of his... And just release the darn thing and quit screwing around with this "closed"
    BS.
    AMEN! I have had to do the same thing myself.
    06-09-2010 10:30 AM
    everything installed and went, and is going, perfectly for me once i finally remembered my password
    06-09-2010 11:10 AM
    Does it work with other language out than english?
    Thanks
    07-13-2010 02:44 PM
    Does it work with other language out than english?
    Thanks
    Can I get Swype in another language?

The current beta supports English, Spanish and Italian. Pre-loaded versions of Swype, available on of our partners' phones, support those and many more languages. We hope to include more languages in future beta updates. Keep an eye on Swype | Text Input for Screens for announcements about new versions!

Swype | FAQ
    07-13-2010 03:27 PM
    Wish I could get this. -_- everyone keeps asking to see it / people who I'd seen with Droids before keep showing it off..
    07-13-2010 09:20 PM
    Wish I could get this. -_- everyone keeps asking to see it / people who I'd seen with Droids before keep showing it off..
    you can, just check the xda forums.
    GlitchZero likes this.
    07-13-2010 10:06 PM
    Thanks! Got it now.
    07-14-2010 02:18 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD