Hello folks,

Just got HTC Sensation XL yesterday, my first android phone, still learning everything, so please be gentle on my question(s).

To begin with, I need an application that will allow me to transfer files (of course, audio, video and pictures) to my Sensation XL over home wifi network. I could essentially use Dropbox but I don't want to go that route.

Searching on Google Play gave me overwhelming choice of applications and not too sure which one is the best. A few I thought good are
    AirDroid
    Wifi file transfer (2 applications with the same name!)
    Simple Sync
    File Expert
    Wireless file transfer
    etc. etc.

I would prefer free application with no limit on the size of the file I would like to transfer.

Thanks in advance.
    04-12-2012 05:26 AM
    ESfileexplorer can browse shared folders on your computer. I use that most of the time for browsing media files on my computer and copying to my tablet.

I also use an app "wifi file explorer" which lets me push files from my computer to my phone or tablet.
    04-13-2012 09:49 AM
    ESfileexplorer can browse shared folders on your computer. I use that most of the time for browsing media files on my computer and copying to my tablet.

I also use an app "wifi file explorer" which lets me push files from my computer to my phone or tablet.
    Yes, use ES File Explorer. It's a great app. Out of all the different apps I used for accessing files on my computer, this one worked the best.

You should also be able to do this VIA Bluetooth without an app, assuming both devices have Bluetooth.
    04-13-2012 03:07 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD