I have a music uploaded, and about 90% of them show NIN's Pretty Hate Machine as the album cover.

These all showed up fine elsewhere (in iTunes for instance). I should note these are not purchased through iTunes...it's just my primary playback software on my PC.

How can I get the right album cover to show up for these?
    06-08-2010 08:33 PM
    I have a music uploaded, and about 90% of them show NIN's Pretty Hate Machine as the album cover.

These all showed up fine elsewhere (in iTunes for instance). I should note these are not purchased through iTunes...it's just my primary playback software on my PC.

How can I get the right album cover to show up for these?
    I used mp3tag to retag all my music and embed the artwork within the files, that seemed to clear up most of the album art issues I was having on Android.
    06-09-2010 02:20 PM
    Thanks. I actually just spent most of the afternoon doing the same (using MediaMonkey). Just finished up.

Apparently even though all the album covers were showing iTunes, they weren't actually tagged.

Re-copying everything over to my EVO now, which should clear it up.

I wonder why it defaulted to showing NIN's album cover for anything that wasn't tagged.
    06-09-2010 02:23 PM
    Another free MP3 app - MixZing - will lookup and attach any album art that may not be encoded in the file for, um, whatever reason.
    06-09-2010 10:28 PM
    I'm kind of having the same problem, although not as extreme as the 90% NIN problem.

My problem is that some songs/albums that already have the proper album art showing, will then get an incorrect album art automatically put on top of it.

An example is: I start playing Simon & Garfunkel's Old Friends (Box Set), and the proper Old Friends album art shows up for a second, and then the Sounds of Silence album art comes up on top of it.
    06-12-2010 06:03 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD