How To Use Voodoo Rootkeeper

androidcore

Mar 11, 2011
Visit site
We all know that Android OS updates, both minor and major updates, kill root! And, some people without the technical 1-2-3s cant re-reoot until someone makes a root method for the new OS version of their phone. This is why Voodoo Rootkeeper was made. To maintain root even after an Android update.

I'm making this thread for the purposes to help the Android Community, at large. Google Search brings up ZERO "how-to" articles and websites on "how to use Voodoo Rootkeeper". Also, I'm tired of explaining the process to people too. LOL... So, here we go

Standard Disclaimer: I, nor Android Central, or Voodoo Rootkeeper and its dev supercurio, take absolutely NO responsibility on what you do to your phone. Only you control your own fingers and actions.

1) MAKE SURE YOU ARE ROOTED
2) MAKE SURE YOU ARE ON YOUR STOCK ROM (The firmware ROM that came with your phone). If you are on a Custom ROM, you should have no worries since they are pre-rooted by their devs.
3) Download and install Rootkeeper from PlayStore here------>
https://forums.androidcentral.com/e...nav_result#?t=W251bGwsMSwyLDNd&token=1Qu8NKVx
4) Open the app
5) You'll notice there is no check mark next to SU backup. [SU means Superuser, your root privelage]
6) Hit the ONLY button listed----PROTECT ROOT
7) You'll notice that SU Backup is now checked and Rootkeeper states SU backup has been made.

Walla... your done! Grab your Stock Android OS update for your wireless carrier/manufacturer. Download it. Install it. If you are on stock--rooted--no bloatware deleted--no bloatware frozen--ROM that came with your phone, then the Android Update should download and Install flawlessly...

After it downloads and Installs flawlessly... you'll notice your root apps WILL NOT WORK!!!!!!!! You have lost your root, as normal. Except for 1.... ROOTKEEPER. Open Rootkeeper, a new button appears---RESTORE ROOT. CLICK IT!!!!!!!!!! BAM!!!!!!!!!!! Your Rooted again... You can reboot your device is your want, but its not needed.

Go ahead!!! Test out your Rooted Apps... Gotta love Voodoo Rootkeeper! :D

Last edited:

T-Rob

Jul 4, 2011
Visit site
Need some assistance, please.

So, I decided to play around with RootKeeper before my ICS OTA arrive...I clicked on the "temp un-root" button. Now, when I open RootKeeper there is no "Restore Root" button at all. It's just black and emtpy after the line:

Author: Application by Francois......

Any ideas?

Thanks,
T

rgotten

May 30, 2011
Visit site
Hi, i have sprint and a galaxy s4 which was root, i got the new update 4.3 and now root is gone even thoguh i use voodoo..any advice..Thanks

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
samyblaze