Hello all.
    I've been an android user for a few weeks now and have seen been trying to find an app to send and receive emails.
    The problem is that the ones I've tried have one or two of the features I need, but not all.
    Here's what I'm looking for, hoping someone knows of an app that does all three:
    - True push email for hotmail and yahoo accounts
    - Different notifications (led colors, ringtones...) for different email accounts
    - No ads. It can be paid for, I'd gladly pay for it but I hate ads in my apps.

Any help finding an email app that complies with all three of the above would be greatly appreciated.
    04-23-2012 09:51 PM
    have you tried Enhanced Email? Or K-9?
    04-24-2012 01:58 AM
    Hi.
    I have, and like them both, but from what ive read on the web, they dont support push for yahoo. Or at least i cant for the life of me figure out how.
    I have a plus yahoo act, btw.
    04-24-2012 11:47 AM
    Did check out touchdown app from market, not free but it's agreat email app.

sent from Evo4G
    04-24-2012 12:04 PM
    Yahoo doesn't support push. General push comes from an exchange server account which hotmail and Gmail support but yahoo doesn't. I use enhanced email and forward my old yahoo account to gmail.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk 2
    04-24-2012 12:11 PM
    I might be wrong, but I think yahoo does support push on its plus accunts.
    I read somewhere that maildroid users do have push yahoo, the problem with it its that it doesnt support separate notifications, at least for now.
    In addition, Ive had yahoo push for years on my blackberry.
    04-24-2012 01:52 PM
    Did check out touchdown app from market, not free but it's agreat email app.

sent from Evo4G
    Ok,there is a free trial version in play market.

sent from Evo4G using Tapatalk
    04-24-2012 02:25 PM
    Maildroid works amazing.. Free available with ads.. Pro no ads but expensive!
    It has all the features you want...

But if yahoo don't support push.. Your outta luck
    04-25-2012 08:35 PM
    I to am looking for an email app that works. I was a WebOs user for many years I am really bummed at how bad Android email apps are.

I actually am ok with the stock email app but it wont deliver gmail. I tried K-9 which works great with my gmail but it wont work with my work servier. Touchdown works with the work server but you cant add a gmail account. I guess I can use two different programs but that kind of sucks.
    05-11-2012 09:24 AM
    Just tried DroidMail and I cant work emails. Work emails only seem to come in on Touchdown or Stock Email APp
    05-11-2012 09:35 AM
    I to am looking for an email app that works. I was a WebOs user for many years I am really bummed at how bad Android email apps are.

I actually am ok with the stock email app but it wont deliver gmail. I tried K-9 which works great with my gmail but it wont work with my work servier. Touchdown works with the work server but you cant add a gmail account. I guess I can use two different programs but that kind of sucks.
    Have you found anything? I just moved from Pre (Sprint) to Verizon to get a Galaxy S III and am having trouble with the built-in e-mail app. In particular, the built in app doesn't display text of some incoming e-mails.

Also, the built-in e-mail app is missing some features I want:
    • Ability to reply from a different e-mail address than the one the e-mail was sent to.
    • Ability to have a different Reply-to address than the one sent from.
    • Auto Bcc to a different e-mail address than the one sending from.
    • Poll frequency for POP e-mail more frequent than every 15 minutes (different for each account).

Does K-9, Enhanced E-mail, Touchdown or MailDroid have these features?
    07-13-2012 01:36 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD