Looking for a suitable replacement for Spb Wallet from my Windows Phone

MultiMatt

Apr 14, 2010
Visit site
I was an Spb Software fan boy when I had Windows phones, and one of the apps that I am struggling to replace is Spb Wallet. As of yet, Spb has not written Wallet for Android, so I am searching for a suitable replacement.

Wallet had both a device app and a desktop version, and I used Dropbox to keep the wallet file synced. That way, no matter where I was, I could use my Touch Pro2, my Dell Mini netbook or my home PC and access Wallet for the hundreds of passwords and other crucial info I kept in there.

I've found a few Wallet apps, but so far, nothing as robust as what I was used to.

Anyone know of an option?

Thanks!

MultiMatt

Apr 14, 2010
Visit site
Wow! No, I had no idea about b-folders! Checking it out now! THANKS!

In doing some further digging on other options over at AppBrain, I also saw that Rhombus Soft is working on a Desktop companion to their WalletPro app, which would have it similar to my previous setup, but I am excited about the capabilities of b-folders! The desktop version is kinda pricey, but given how much I used & relied on Spb Wallet, if it works as well, I would pay for it gladly! And the Android version is free, which is cool.

Checking it out now - hoping they have an import feature! I wouldn't want to re-enter all the stuff I have! Literally dozens & dozens of things! Years of stuff!

:p

Caitlyn McKenzie

May 17, 2010
Visit site
KeePass Passwords is open source and multi-platform.
The same key file can be used across the many platforms.

I highly suggest this.

Not only is it open source, it's /FREE/. And yes, there's an Android app, as well as a PC, Mac and Linux. And probably anything else you can think of.

It also has really good integration with Dropbox on Android. Just open the database file in Dropbox, and it'll open in Keepass. Make any changes in Keepass to your passwords? And dropbox will automatically sync it right back when you're done.

xdalaw

Jan 19, 2010
Visit site
I'm also an old WM guy who loved Spb software (along with SBSH, WebIS, and iliumsoft, etc.).
Love my EVO but am having a hard time replacing some essential apps.
Really hope Spb Wallet comes to Android, and soon.
I tried to convert my Spb Wallet to eWallet, which has a free Android Viewer, but the conversion was awful and wasn't worth using.

Gekko

Banned
May 15, 2010
Visit site
i use a password protected MS Word File with Strong Encryption and Documents To Go. the beauty is you can open this file on any device in the world with MS Word or Docs To Go. Docs To Go 3.0 coming soon will support Office 2007 Super Strong Encryption/Password.

i like the free-flow format and the open standard of an MS Word File. i don't like some mom and pop locked proprietary closed format. and MS Word and Docs To Go is free if you already have it.

bubbatex

Nov 21, 2009
Visit site
I am looking too - but need a desktop client. I am currently using SBSH's SafeWallet on my iPhone and desktop. Really like it a lot. They say they have some new Android apps coming soon - later this month. Might be SafeWallet?? I am waiting on them before I pull the trigger on moving to a new system.

Groucho

Apr 24, 2010
Visit site
I have been an eWallet user since my first WinMo device four years ago. I was aable to easily make the transition to BB but now that I have an Inc all I can do is enter on the desktop and sync to the droid. This doesn't work for me as most of my password or log in new information is acquired on the fly. It does not appear that Ilium (dev. of eWallet) is too interested in providing a full version for Android, just the viewer widget. After reading this thread I gave B-Folders a shot and I am really impressed. I was able to import all of my eWallet data in seconds, set up sync to my desktop, laptop, office desktop and my Inc. The interface is very intuitive and customizable. You can store almost anything you want to in the encrypted vault, not just the typical passwords, credit card and bank info. I'm going to give it a pretty good workout during the 30 day trial but it looks like while pricey it may be $30 well spent. If all you need it stand alone on your phone it is free in the Market.

Groucho

Apr 24, 2010
Visit site
Wow! No, I had no idea about b-folders! Checking it out now! THANKS!

Checking it out now - hoping they have an import feature! I wouldn't want to re-enter all the stuff I have! Literally dozens & dozens of things! Years of stuff!

:p

You should have no trouble importing your Spb info. Look in Options on the desktop version.

Cory Streater

Sep 21, 2009
Visit site
It does not appear that Ilium (dev. of eWallet) is too interested in providing a full version for Android, just the viewer widget. After reading this thread I gave B-Folders a shot and I am really impressed. I was able to import all of my eWallet data in seconds, set up sync to my desktop, laptop, office desktop and my Inc.

I too am getting impatient with their (Ilium) lack of interest in Android development. Which is really unfortunate because I loved them on Android and like their desktop app as well. Was the import of eWallet data seamless, or did you have to go in and fix a bunch of stuff once you got it in B-Folders. I tried this once with SplashID, and found it was quicker to just redo everything. I would never recommend SplashID BTW.

Groucho

Apr 24, 2010
Visit site
I too am getting impatient with their (Ilium) lack of interest in Android development. Which is really unfortunate because I loved them on Android and like their desktop app as well. Was the import of eWallet data seamless, or did you have to go in and fix a bunch of stuff once you got it in B-Folders. I tried this once with SplashID, and found it was quicker to just redo everything. I would never recommend SplashID BTW.

Totally seamless for me. Picked up everything including notes. It will maintain the folders as you have them organized. I have talked to the guys at Iliuim and not only are they not committed to an Android sync version but if they ever do it, it unlikely that it will sync wirelessly like B-folders.

Kash76

May 17, 2010
Visit site
I received an email from SBSH today and they say that their Android SafeWallet app will be released on th 15th! Also, it can sync via DropBox! I believe that I will be switching from Iluim myself as I don't want to have to sync via my desktop.

MultiMatt

Apr 14, 2010
Visit site
Yes, SBSH has been very busy developing the Android version as well as updating the Windows client! I beta tested both, and suggested they use Dropbox sync and viola! It now has it!

I have SafeWallet on my EVO, and the desktop client on my netbook and two home PC's. Sync is seamless and immediate through Dropbox! I am delighted!

The only downside: no import from Spb Wallet, but, I took it as an opportunity to clean house in my wallet, and only enter that which I really need in there. Since I am such a heavy user of Evernote now, many of the things I kept in a wallet (non-secure items) are now in Evernote.

amitregev#AC

Nov 13, 2010
Visit site
Hi guys!

Thanks Matt for helping us spread the word about the new SafeWallet - this is really helping us! :) Also thanks for the great suggestion you gave us to add Dropbox sync already after we posted the first closed beta version - as you probably seen in the beta group activity, this changed DRAMATICALLY the entire way the application was designed (although I had to give up on a good deal of sleeping hours.. :D), and really made this entire release way more awesome!

I'm glad to say that SafeWallet for Android was just released two days ago, about a week earlier than planned! (If you work in development you know how rare this is :D).

SafeWallet is a powerful and secure password manager that also brings optional Dropbox cloud syncing, so you can access and sync your passwords securely between as many PCs and devices you like!

Click here to visit SafeWallet for Android application page

And the app can be downloaded from the Market with this QR:
qr_code.png

SafeWallet for Android is currently available with an introductory offer for $3.95 via the Market (use the QR Code above).

If someone would also like to get the PC Companion (either Windows or Mac), please post back a reply here and I'll be glad to send you a personal message including a 50% discount for SafeWallet for PC (taking it just below $7.5 instead of the retail of $14.95).

Click here to visit SafeWallet for Windows page, or, SafeWallet for Mac page.

We would also love to hear feedback from users about new feature requests and any bug reports you might have experienced :) We're already working on some cool new stuff! :)

Last edited:
Reactions: jiml243

Gekko

Banned
May 15, 2010
Visit site
i changed my process and now use Dropbox instead of FTP.

all of my sensitive data is stored in an MS Word 2007 strong encrypted and password protected file that i save in my personal Dropbox folder on my PC and i access with the Android Dropbox App and open it with Documents To Go 3.0.

Kash76

May 17, 2010
Visit site
Hi guys!

Thanks Matt for helping us spread the word about the new SafeWallet - this is really helping us! :) Also thanks for the great suggestion you gave us to add Dropbox sync already after we posted the first closed beta version - as you probably seen in the beta group activity, this changed DRAMATICALLY the entire way the application was designed (although I had to give up on a good deal of sleeping hours.. :D), and really made this entire release way more awesome!

I'm glad to say that SafeWallet for Android was just released two days ago, about a week earlier than planned! (If you work in development you know how rare this is :D).

SafeWallet is a powerful and secure password manager that also brings optional Dropbox cloud syncing, so you can access and sync your passwords securely between as many PCs and devices you like!

qr_code.png

SafeWallet for Android is currently available with an introductory offer for $3.95 via the Market (use the QR Code above).

If someone would also like to get the PC Companion (either Windows or Mac), please post back a reply here and I'll be glad to send you a personal message including a 50% discount for SafeWallet for PC (taking it just below $7.5 instead of the retail of $14.95).

We would also love to hear feedback from users about new feature requests and any bug reports you might have experienced :) We're already working on some cool new stuff! :)

I would like to see you fix the eWallet 7 import functionality before I go this route. Otherwise everything looks promising! I hope this is fixed before the promo offers expire.

Sent from my EVO 4G using Tapatalk

JustLeft

Nov 18, 2010
Visit site
I am interested in the Mac version of Safewallet. Can you PM me the discount information?

Hi guys!

qr_code.png