Work has just moved over to Google Apps, and so I'm using the latest GMail app for the first time on my SG S2 under 4.0.3. Pretty good, but there's a couple of things that bug me:

1. I can't see any way of deleting an individual posting in a conversation thread? On the web, I can get rid of irrelevant messages within a thread very easily. Odd that I can't do this on the GMail app.

2. Related to (1), if I do delete an individual posting in a conversation thread on my web account, it doesn't delete on the GMail app! The whole thread is still there, including the postings that I've deleted. This happens even if I permanently delete the messages from the Trash. The only way I can get rid of the redundant messages is by clearing the data under Settings -> Applications. The messages must stick in the phone memory until cleared.

Irritating that there's not a spot-on match between what's happening on the web and the GMail app.

Is this working as designed?
    05-03-2012 02:08 AM
    The fact that messages deleted in the browser are not deleted in the phone looks like a bug. However, why to delete messages? GMail has plenty of storage. I never delete messages or threads.
    05-04-2012 09:55 AM