11-15-2010 09:42 AM
27 12
tools
    I had teleav for my blackberry Storm, now i have the Droid and i still pay for Telenav and i liked their service.. where is the app for Motorola Droid?
    11-12-2009 05:02 AM
    maybe you should email them asking if they have plans to port the app over?
    11-12-2009 05:45 AM
    Why would you want to pay for a different service that is a major part of your current phone and its free? You have a money tree out back or something!
    11-12-2009 07:54 AM
    i was gonna say the same thing. The Google Navigation is free!
    11-12-2009 08:11 AM
    its not as good as telenav , the voice is lame and its ugly.
    11-12-2009 08:32 AM
    It doesn't have to be pretty as long as it gets the job done. Plus it will cache your route in case you lose data service.
    11-12-2009 08:41 AM
    its not as good as telenav , the voice is lame and its ugly.
    I disagree, I've found Google Navigation to be pretty spot on and the voice is nice and loud. To each his/her own.
    11-12-2009 08:52 AM
    To me, telenav looks like a phones nav, google nave looks like what you'd find on any good PNA. I admit the voice isn't as good, but its not that bad. There some pretty neet things you get with google nave that you don't with telenav!!!!
    11-12-2009 08:54 AM
    Wahh!!! I want Telenav!! I want Telenav!! >.>
    11-12-2009 08:57 AM
    Wahh!!! I want Telenav!! I want Telenav!! >.>

Don't get your hopes up.....I bet it'll be atleast a year if they even do a android version at all! Not that big of a deal though.....kinda makes you get used to a GREAT navigation now!
    11-12-2009 09:02 AM
    Why would Telenav waste their time and resources to make a version for Android that will just compete directly with the free version from Google?

Good luck on ever seeing it.
    11-12-2009 09:45 AM
    Why would Telenav waste their time and resources to make a version for Android that will just compete directly with the free version from Google?

I was going to say the same thing. I imagine there's a large portion of droid owners who will be very happy with Google Maps Navigation, or at least happy enough that they won't spend $10 per month on Telenav. This really cuts down on Telenav's incentive to release an Android version.
    11-13-2009 11:39 PM
    did the OP really think before he made this post? i mean seriously why would u pay for something that comes for free on your phone? just because of a voice? u must be either WAYYYY too rich or a lame *** cry baby
    11-14-2009 02:37 AM
    did the OP really think before he made this post? i mean seriously why would u pay for something that comes for free on your phone? just because of a voice? u must be either WAYYYY too rich or a lame *** cry baby
    Very helpful. :rolleyes:

I've used Telenav, Garmin Mobile, Viamoto and others. Despite its clunky interface, I preferred Viamoto hands down over the others because of the clearly spoken, accurate guidance it provided while I was driving. I would have paid for Viamoto even if the others were free. Apparently I was in the minority, because Telenav and Garmin Mobile are still available, and Viamoto was discontinued.

I think in this case the OP is also in the minority. While I don't personally see the attraction of Telenav when compared to Google Maps Navigation, I can understand the OP's position.
    11-14-2009 11:24 AM
    Way to be friendly and helpfull. Everyone is entitled to their opinion aren't they......
    11-14-2009 12:02 PM
    maybe you should email them asking if they have plans to port the app over?
    Don't get your hopes up.....I bet it'll be atleast a year if they even do a android version at all! Not that big of a deal though.....kinda makes you get used to a GREAT navigation now!

Telenav has a version for Android devices. Sprint Nav is Telenav with Sprint branding, and every Hero or Moment ships with it installed.
    11-14-2009 12:53 PM
    I was going to say the same thing. Plus there are other nav programs out for Android. Perhaps because you're on version 2, they aren't compatible yet.
    11-14-2009 06:20 PM
    Just change the voice to the hot British chick.
    MZLNT1 likes this.
    11-15-2009 08:06 AM
    Just change the voice to the hot British chick.
    How do u change Google Nav voice?
    11-15-2009 01:40 PM
    If anyone is interested on how to add addresses and/or look up businesses on the web and sync them to their navigator's "favorites", here is the link: TeleNav - Voice directions on your GPS phone
    11-30-2009 03:28 PM
    Home screen > Settings > Text-to-speech

there you can set different languages

you can change the voice. I prefer the British English voice

I found that setting speech speed to slow helped make it clearer
    11-30-2009 06:30 PM
    Stop paying for Telenav!! Google Maps Nav is WAY better and is free!
    12-02-2009 12:59 AM
    Stop paying for Telenav!! Google Maps Nav is WAY better and is free!
    It's a matter of opinion. Just like the OP, I also miss Telenav. Although free is always good, I was more comfortable with Telenav (on my Storm2) and there were more option (like shortest route, fastest, etc .. google nav has just two). And now that I am getting my hands on Verizon Fascinate tomorrow, I will not be able to use Google Maps as the Big Red Monsters have locked it down. I am on the look out for something similar to Telenav (but not VZ Navigator) that speaks street names as well as turn by turn directions. Anyone?
    09-08-2010 07:51 PM
    No speaking of street names yet but have a look at copilot and ndrive in the market. No data connection is required and rerouting is faster...One time fee too..
    09-09-2010 06:09 AM
    It's a matter of opinion. Just like the OP, I also miss Telenav. Although free is always good, I was more comfortable with Telenav (on my Storm2) and there were more option (like shortest route, fastest, etc .. google nav has just two). And now that I am getting my hands on Verizon Fascinate tomorrow, I will not be able to use Google Maps as the Big Red Monsters have locked it down. I am on the look out for something similar to Telenav (but not VZ Navigator) that speaks street names as well as turn by turn directions. Anyone?
    I have no trouble using Google Maps and Nav on my Big Red Monster Fascinate. I hope by now you have it on yours.
    I am looking for an alternative because Google Nav for me leads me too often astray. It just isn't anywhere near as accurate as I need it. Too many opposite way turns and mis-location of businesses, residences on their maps. Street addresses, even when entered absolutely correctly are frequently quite a ways off their true location.
    11-10-2010 12:45 PM
27 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD