Google Listen Randomly Quits

sethjk

Dec 15, 2009
Visit site
I know I've posted about this in the past (many months ago) but I wanted to see if anybody else experiences a similar problem.
Basically, when I'm using Google Listen or 3 or cubed or whatever it's called now (the music player app) they randomly quit for no reason, even if I'm not even holding my phone. I'm assuming it's the Android system doing it in order to conserve memory but it's an active task.
Anybody have a solution or similar issue?

superflush

Feb 15, 2010
Visit site
Hm, I don't ever have Listen quit, although I have an issue where the controls at the bottom (and also the ongoing task info in the notifications bar disappears), and I need to hit 'play' again in order to bring that stuff back up.

anon(12496)

Mar 13, 2010
Visit site
I know I've posted about this in the past (many months ago) but I wanted to see if anybody else experiences a similar problem.
Basically, when I'm using Google Listen or 3 or cubed or whatever it's called now (the music player app) they randomly quit for no reason, even if I'm not even holding my phone. I'm assuming it's the Android system doing it in order to conserve memory but it's an active task.
Anybody have a solution or similar issue?

Android doesn't kill active processes, only sleeping ones. Disable your task killer (or at least white-list your music players), and it won't be shut down again.

sethjk

Dec 15, 2009
Visit site
Android doesn't kill active processes, only sleeping ones. Disable your task killer (or at least white-list your music players), and it won't be shut down again.
Don't have any task killer installed. Sems to happen most when I gain signal again after being on the subway...maybe.
The problem persists despite different roms and wipes.

Hm, I don't ever have Listen quit, although I have an issue where the controls at the bottom (and also the ongoing task info in the notifications bar disappears), and I need to hit 'play' again in order to bring that stuff back up.

I have this issue also.

It's not the end of the world, just frustrating.

anon(12496)

Mar 13, 2010
Visit site
Don't have any task killer installed. Sems to happen most when I gain signal again after being on the subway...maybe.
The problem persists despite different roms and wipes.

Oops... :eek: Why didn't you mention that in your post? If that's the case, do you have any apps that are always installed? maybe listen is clashing with something. The only way Android kills active processes, is if it's really - really out of memory. What kind of ROMs do you use? Does this happen with a stable, stock ROM?

I have this issue also.

It's not the end of the world, just frustrating.

The notification disappearing is a bug, nothing serious, I get that too. The controls at the bottom disappearing is actually the system killing the Listen app while the Listen service plays the podcast in the background.

superflush

Feb 15, 2010
Visit site
The notification disappearing is a bug, nothing serious, I get that too. The controls at the bottom disappearing is actually the system killing the Listen app while the Listen service plays the podcast in the background.

Yes, the controls will collapse at some point, but if it is working properly, you will still see the name of the podcast at the bottom with the time in and total time (and you can pop the controls back up), and of course the podcast being in the ongoing notification bar is supposed to happen.
So, its a minor bug, and kind of frustrating for navigating to the podcast quickly.

sethjk

Dec 15, 2009
Visit site
Oops... :eek: Why didn't you mention that in your post? If that's the case, do you have any apps that are always installed? maybe listen is clashing with something. The only way Android kills active processes, is if it's really - really out of memory. What kind of ROMs do you use? Does this happen with a stable, stock ROM?

This happens to me before the podcast stops.