Gmail synching..when I delete/send email on either PC or Incredible, do they synch ?

jasonvancouver

Mar 20, 2010
Visit site
When I delete an email on my Incredible, or send email on my Incredible, does that action synchronize with my Web-based Gmail account ?

I have found inconsistent results here. Sometimes it will take a day to synch, other times in synchs on the spot ( if I delete an email from either my Incredible or my PC).

I am trying to find out if the Gmail inbox on my incredible operates independently of my web-based Gmail account.. in some cases it seems to, in other cases, it doesn't.

Sorry, I know this is a basic question I should probably know.

Anyone know where I can find some concise information on this topic ?

( I am currently not using a task killer).

gabbott

Trusted Member
Mar 22, 2010
Visit site
Are you using the gmail app or another mail client on your phone? The gmail app syncs pretty much instantaneously from my experience.

Groucho

Apr 24, 2010
Visit site
K-9 syncs immediately with web based gMail. Just remember you have to refresh the PC browser screen or the phone email client for it to see it in either inbox.

nightfishing#AC

May 3, 2010
Visit site
If you are accessing the mail thru IMAP they will sync immediately in both directions.

If you are using POP3 it will work differently depending on your settings.

jasonvancouver

Mar 20, 2010
Visit site
Are you using the gmail app or another mail client on your phone? The gmail app syncs pretty much instantaneously from my experience.

I am using the Gmail app that is native to the phone.

So, are you saying using the native Gmail app ... you have found that wherever you makes changes on your Gmail... be it on the phone or a PC, the changes get reflected on both ?

gabbott

Trusted Member
Mar 22, 2010
Visit site
I am using the Gmail app that is native to the phone.

So, are you saying using the native Gmail app ... you have found that wherever you makes changes on your Gmail... be it on the phone or a PC, the changes get reflected on both ?

Yes. For example if you read an unread message on the phone it will be shown as read in your browser and vice versa. Same for moving/deleting emails.

jasonvancouver

Mar 20, 2010
Visit site
Yes. For example if you read an unread message on the phone it will be shown as read in your browser and vice versa. Same for moving/deleting emails.

ok, thanks Gabbott, I will keep an eye on it...like I say, I am just using the Gmail app that came with the phone, so hopefully it will synch as you mentioned.

thanks for the help.

jasonvancouver

Mar 20, 2010
Visit site
I think some of settings were off.

I went to settings, then labels... you can select how the phone synchs with different folders, etc.

I will see how that works.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RemusGhostofRome