I realize it's opnion, but what would you consider the real cutting edge, show off, kickin' apps/games/eyecandy/etc. exclusive to Android? I am new to Android, and as small as the WebOS ecosystem is, there are actually a few that make even iOS users say "wow, I wish I had that! " What's your fave?

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Android Central Forums
    05-22-2012 09:32 PM
    As far as apps go i don't have any exclusive favorites, my favorite part about android is the amount of games/apps you can get for free. and the amount of customization based apps... don't like your dialer, change it. don't like you keyboard, change it.

but to answer your question
    - Dark legends (dungeon crawler game) *I think its still exclusive
    - Swift-key X
    - Swype
    - Go Launcher, dialer, contacts, ect
    05-24-2012 10:06 AM
    • Google Navigation by far. Yeah, iOS has Google maps, but they can't click on an address in a browser or email or just open a contact and get turn-by-turn voice-guided nav to them with a click or two. This alone is a huge win. I mean, picture using Yelp or Places and finding a restaurant and then not being able to navigate to it with one click like you can in Android. Painful.
    • Chrome to Phone
    • Swype (insert any non-native keyboard here since iOS has none)
    • Any file manager, since iOS has no way to access their file system.
    • WidgetLocker (customize everything about your lockscreen).
    • Adobe Flash (does that count as an app?)
    • I would argue, while not really an app, the sharing/social features of Android blow iOS away. For example, take the gallery app. On Android, any app you have installed that can handle a picture or a video shows up in your sharing options (I have about 20 apps that show). On iOS, if you try to share a picture from the gallery, you get Email, Twitter....and that's about it. You don't even get Facebook. It's severely lacking.
    05-24-2012 12:00 PM