Alittle Disappointed

Tower72

Gigantic Member
Jun 5, 2010
Visit site
In the Android Market in general. Im just wondering if anyone knows if more companies will begin to support it and put out quality apps/games. I searched the market for games and havent found anything thats really interesting. Also keep in mind that I swapped to the Evo from a 3GS (down with AT&T lol) so maybe I got spoiled by the App Store. Guess it just feels like the Android Market is the love child of the App Store and Goodwill, and im really hoping that more quality companies start putting out better apps and/or games.

I know there are also alot of junk apps on the App Store, but it just feels like I went from a BluRay player back to a Betamax are far as options and I just hope that more companies will begin embracing the Market considering phones like the Evo and Incredible etc, are expanding the general Android user base and it will only continue to grow

/rant off lol

anon(12496)

Mar 13, 2010
Visit site
The growth of Android is just hitting it's upward phase, be a little more patient. A hundred thousand new phones are activated each day, I'm pretty sure the market will follow the trend and grow quickly this year. Besides, I do remember some HD games from Gameloft are available for high end Android phones. Of course, they're paid...

Brett

Retired Moderator
Nov 22, 2009
Visit site
You have to keep in mind that the older android devices don't have that much space internally to store a lot of data. That's what the developers have to consider when making apps. Once froyo is on more devices and have the apps to sd feature it will give give developers more to work with and they will be able to make apps that may be what your looking for. Time will tell though.

Tower72

Gigantic Member
Jun 5, 2010
Visit site
I do hope so. I love being free of the walled garden of Apple (even tho I jailbroke) and the instability of AT&T, but I really miss the abundance of apps available like Pocket Tunes, Beejive, and all the games lol.. Guess I can always buy an iPod touch for the 190 apps I had huh :p

Chillout80s

May 21, 2010
Visit site
Little by little you're starting to see more mainstream companies making apps for Android..so it's coming as time goes on. The iphone was the only smart phone so everybody jumped on the bandwagon and started making apps; now that Android is the real deal too over the last year they are all starting to come around..I suspect over the next year we'll see a big boom in the android market and even more in the future.

Paladin

Apr 26, 2010
Visit site
A good chunk of the really good apps from the iPhone App store are available for Android!
Shazam, barcode reader programs, urbanspoon, movie ticket programs, recipe programs..all kinds... Just look for them.

There are some really awesome ones as well like all the Google apps like Earth, googles, Skyview, voice (Oh sorry no version of that for the iPhone) then there is AR one slike Layar and many others..

There is no shortage of good utilities.

Thare are not as many games, especially 3D ones but I have still found TONS of cool software and games to play with. All the games I want, mostly logical types, like vexxed to Mahjong and dice and bord games are there. I even found a good version of "GO".

As others have said, TONS more to come man. As Android grows so will the software!
The quote "if you build it they will come" comes to mind! i:Di

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
scout13fox