what is the best rss feed reader for android

ardoreal

Nov 26, 2009
Visit site
FeedR. It's by far the best RSS reader I've seen yet. I've used Viigo, Feeds on iPhone, Newsrob, Nuby, Newsroom, and a few others I can't remember.

FeedR is a runaway champ, better than all others by leaps and bounds. Plus the dev responds to your emails.

stuckingoo

Jan 27, 2010
Visit site
Problem with FeedR is that it doesn't sync up with Google Reader properly (reporting wrong number of new articles)....you'll see others comment on this in the Market. Love Newsroom....except it shows no lists. You got to scroll through everything to see what is new. Blue Newsreader last I used it had a buggered up widget that didn't update reliably. NewsRob seems to be the best to me....sometimes the text is too small (would be nice if it standardized everything like Newsroom) but other than that it does everything right.

ardoreal

Nov 26, 2009
Visit site
I know it's different strokes and all, but I hated the Google reader sync. That might be why I liked FeedR better. I got started on using RSS readers with Viigo, so that type of featureset became more important to me as I felt Google Reader poorly manages my feeds.

homer#AC

Feb 3, 2010
Visit site
I'm real happy with Newsroom. The interface is fun - based on swiping, not picking individual articles. For me, it's easier to use. I read feeds while eating, etc and it's simple and quick.

I also like that it downloads the articles. I read dozens a feeds the other night on an airplane.

stuckingoo

Jan 27, 2010
Visit site
I've gone back to Newsroom. I'm running into problems with Newsrob showing expired links for many feeds....you can see the headline but nothing else. No such problems with Newsroom. However, as I mentioned I am not crazy about a lack of a headline list and I am acutely aware that as I'm scrolling from article to article the screen is lit which means my battery is taken a hit.

ardoreal

Nov 26, 2009
Visit site
Newsroom is my second favorite, but I liked the features of FeedR better. Imho having the news articles readable inside the feed list was really slick, plus it's smoother and uses less memory.

burwil

Dec 11, 2009
Visit site

.....newer as in updated in January. I moved from Newsrob to gReader Pro for one simple reason which probably will mean nothing to most people.....Newsrob doesn't date the feed list. If you don't keep up with your reading you might tally up a long list of unread articles. I want to know how old they are because the older ones get less priority from me. gReader reports the date on their listing/summary and Newsrob does not. Unless I'm missing something.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Akshay