06-19-2011 02:16 AM
32 12
tools
    i am used to viigo and wallstreetjournal on my storm and was wondering what is the best rss reader for an android device
    11-12-2009 12:18 PM
    I've been happy with Google Reader. Nothing flashy.. works great both on pc and the droid.
    11-12-2009 02:23 PM
    I'm liking blue RSS
    11-12-2009 04:14 PM
    I'm using NewsRob

It syncs with google reader which is awesome
    11-12-2009 04:39 PM
    I use Google Reader as well.
    11-12-2009 10:09 PM
    I've been looking for blue rss in marketplace and can't find it. Should i be looking somewhere else?
    11-16-2009 09:24 PM
    NewsRob hands down.... It works just like Viigo for Blackberry, except you get the benefit of managing your feeds through Google Reader (which Viigo has not been able to figure out).

Oh and you also don't have the horrible memory leaks that came with Viigo...
    Johann13 likes this.
    11-16-2009 11:30 PM
    NewsRob is great.
    11-20-2009 09:50 AM
    Google Reader works great on the Droid.
    11-24-2009 09:48 PM
    Do you google reader people use the website version, or is there a specific app? I am just using the website for now and its awesome on the droid, but i just think an app would be slightly more convenient for some reason.
    Johann13 likes this.
    11-25-2009 10:04 AM
    do any of them have the viigo feature where you can email articles to someone?
    11-25-2009 01:20 PM
    Just using the webpage version of Google Reader here. It is amazing and feels like I'm using an app. Take a look at Google News. Just as nice.
    11-25-2009 09:38 PM
    Any RSS widget is freaking awsome. :-D
    12-21-2009 01:07 AM
    I just came from the darkside (blackberry) and used podtrapper there
    So far I have not been able to find a better pod catcher. The developer has said he would make podtrapper available for Android. I'll have to wait.

The podtrapper gives you the ability to know what is downloaded, What is in the queue to download, What has been read and deleted, You can move the feeds up and down the list, you can fastforward a little or a lot, or go to the end, has a large search engine and allows you to enter a URL manualy.

Look here for more info. Maybe put a bug in his ear.

VersatileMonkey.com - BlackBerry software including PodTrapper, the podcast manager | VersatileMonkey.com
    12-21-2009 02:36 PM
    After trying a few rss readers, I settled on feedr news reader. Its only 99 cents at android market and there's also a free trial version. There's also a good review at FeedR News Reader Android App Review by AndroidTapp.com | Android Tapp. Android App Reviews that I'll just point to instead of repeating the details here.
    12-22-2009 10:42 PM
    do any of them have the viigo feature where you can email articles to someone?
    NewsRob has this feature.
    12-27-2009 12:49 PM
    Right now I have Blue RSS and AnyRSS readers. AnyRSS widgets are very pleasing to look at. But one question, how do you personalize your own feed using that widget? They provide a bunch of feeds but not really on sports and such. It has a place to enter in a feed, but where do I get that info?

Also Blue RSS is good too and can import from google reader and has a way to search for feeds if you dont know an exact address (like myself). However their is only one widget option and i guess the feeds display in chronological order from all feeds. Would like a way to sort them.

With AnyRSS, one widget is dedicated to one feed, which is nice, BUT there is no way to switch feeds in the same widget, so you need multiple widgets for different feeds. Big waste of space.

Both are good but both can improve

Is there a reader that has a nice widget and CAN switch feed in that single widget? so i use up less real estate? if not... hope a dev reads this because thats a good idea haha.
    01-22-2010 01:29 AM
    NewsRob has everything you could need, except for a widget, but really...is that a deal breaker?
    It syncs with Google Reader, lets you email, post to twittter, facebook, text, gtalk (I think). It has a phenomenal interface! So much better than Viigo was for the features it has. Unfortunately, it doesn't support podcasts or the other extended features Viigo offered.
    01-22-2010 02:57 PM
    newsrob!!! but i'll admit, i haven't used any others
    01-22-2010 04:48 PM
    i like the set-up of feedr, but i use newsrob due to the google reader implementation.
    01-22-2010 05:01 PM
    FeedR. It's by far the best RSS reader I've seen yet. I've used Viigo, Feeds on iPhone, Newsrob, Nuby, Newsroom, and a few others I can't remember.

FeedR is a runaway champ, better than all others by leaps and bounds. Plus the dev responds to your emails.
    01-23-2010 12:23 PM
    Problem with FeedR is that it doesn't sync up with Google Reader properly (reporting wrong number of new articles)....you'll see others comment on this in the Market. Love Newsroom....except it shows no lists. You got to scroll through everything to see what is new. Blue Newsreader last I used it had a buggered up widget that didn't update reliably. NewsRob seems to be the best to me....sometimes the text is too small (would be nice if it standardized everything like Newsroom) but other than that it does everything right.
    01-27-2010 04:23 PM
    I know it's different strokes and all, but I hated the Google reader sync. That might be why I liked FeedR better. I got started on using RSS readers with Viigo, so that type of featureset became more important to me as I felt Google Reader poorly manages my feeds.
    01-28-2010 03:58 PM
    I'm real happy with Newsroom. The interface is fun - based on swiping, not picking individual articles. For me, it's easier to use. I read feeds while eating, etc and it's simple and quick.

I also like that it downloads the articles. I read dozens a feeds the other night on an airplane.
    02-03-2010 07:39 AM
    I've gone back to Newsroom. I'm running into problems with Newsrob showing expired links for many feeds....you can see the headline but nothing else. No such problems with Newsroom. However, as I mentioned I am not crazy about a lack of a headline list and I am acutely aware that as I'm scrolling from article to article the screen is lit which means my battery is taken a hit.
    02-03-2010 09:35 AM
32 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD