Screen Capture App

TheAndroidWave.com

Jun 14, 2010
Visit site
Hey Everyone,

I'm needing help finding a Screen Capture App that doesn't involve the SDK. If I didn't have to root my device that would be a plus but ill take what I can get. Thanks in advance!

88 FLUX

Apr 29, 2010
Visit site
Hey Everyone,

I'm needing help finding a Screen Capture App that doesn't involve the SDK. If I didn't have to root my device that would be a plus but ill take what I can get. Thanks in advance!

A screen capture app requires root (unless you are using an EVO 4G which I believe is just by mistake so I'm sure it'll be patched with the new SU). If you don't want to root, SDK is pretty much your option.

NicksGarage

May 18, 2010
Visit site
A screen capture app requires root (unless you are using an EVO 4G which I believe is just by mistake so I'm sure it'll be patched with the new SU). If you don't want to root, SDK is pretty much your option.

Why would they want to remove the ability to do screen captures?

88 FLUX

Apr 29, 2010
Visit site
Why would they want to remove the ability to do screen captures?

The resources that screen capture apps need in order to take a snapshot of the screen are outside of what standard user privileges give which is why normally, root access is needed.

The reason that I said that it'll probably be patched is because it's probably a side effect (albeit a nice one) to other security issues that I remember reading about regarding the EVO 4G (such as the reasons that root access was accomplished so quickly and easily compared to other devices). And if/when the EVO receives a patched update, I would assume that the trickle-down effect would close the screenshot ability. Not intentionally though since it was probably never meant to be intentionally opened in the first place.

That is just strictly opinion and random thought on my part. Anyone is more than welcome to prove me fully wrong. In fact, I would like that. :)

Bigchris

Apr 19, 2010
Visit site
Use "Shootme" it works without root.. I've been using it on my Evo

chart

Bigchris

Apr 19, 2010
Visit site
I tried using it and needed root access on my Droid. I think it only works with some nonrooted devices. I wish there was an app out there that didn't require root access to take a screenshot.

Have you tried it on the EVO yet ? Sorry, your looking for one that works with the droid ? If so, not sure about one, I'm surprised its not one out yet

Last edited:

88 FLUX

Apr 29, 2010
Visit site
Why would anyone get the Evo when the Droid X is days away.

It might have something to do with the fact that not everyone in the world is exactly like you. Hard to believe, I know. But there are people out there who are Sprint users who have no intention of switching. And believe it or not, but there are people who might actually prefer the EVO over what they've seen of the Droid X!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jcl678