Swype Beta Has Ended 6/15/2010

Status
Not open for further replies.

anon(30569)

Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
ok.. i installed and have been holding the text input area in an sms stream in portrait for over a minute...I'm not getting a pop up. any ideas?

edit: nevermind, I figured it out- I opened the Languages and Keyboard section, and I needed to check Swype to be available.. in case any other newbie out there couldnt figure it out :)

Last edited:

Argent

Mar 12, 2010
Visit site
just tried to update mine and get Application not installed

EDIT: have to uninstall it first before installing the new update - mine works now

Last edited:

SpartanDroid

Mar 30, 2010
Visit site
Will I have to uninstall my old version to use this one or will it automatically just upgrade or whatever?

All you have to do it click on it to install it and it will automatically upgrade it. If you really want you can go into astro or program like it and click the file then upgrade.

I am pretty happy I have a usable version of swype. I have been wanting to try this out forever but I couldn't find a version

SpartanDroid

Mar 30, 2010
Visit site
Hey I will put a QR code on here but I am not sure how to create one. Every time I look online for creating a QR code they just want you to create it from a URL or of text. I am not sure how to create one from a download. If anyone can inform me thanks.

bark8015

Mar 4, 2010
Visit site
Last edited:

kmaxima

May 13, 2010
Visit site
For anyone that noticed with the first one that was posted here battery drain issues with Swype enabled (as I did, caused Android System partial wake lock on mine), this newest beta leak that is listed on xda does not have that problem for me any longer. Love Swype, wish they would just sell it as I would be happy to pay for it if only I could.

Diabl0

May 16, 2010
Visit site
For anyone that noticed with the first one that was posted here battery drain issues with Swype enabled (as I did, caused Android System partial wake lock on mine), this newest beta leak that is listed on xda does not have that problem for me any longer. Love Swype, wish they would just sell it as I would be happy to pay for it if only I could.

I have no battery drain issues and have not upgraded to the newer version since this one works fine for me. I am seeing 40-48 hours on the stock battery depending on how I use the phone.

What's different in the new version?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laila Nance