06-15-2010 06:01 PM
176 123 ...
tools
    I just downloaded Swype Beta. It's working pretty well right now, but I will do a review sometime this weekend and maybe my first video review on Monday of it and post it.

What does everyone else think about it?
    03-05-2010 03:27 PM
    Just tryed it and its pretty cool so far
    03-05-2010 03:53 PM
    to me its more laggy than the sense keyboard but other than that I really like it.
    03-05-2010 11:42 PM
    i love this way of typin way better than normal i dont think i will ever go back
    03-07-2010 01:20 PM
    Yeah, it's cool and works well, but I can't see myself actually using it daily. I tried using it for a few hours, but I didn't like it too much. It's still a cool concept and it really does work well, it's just not for me.
    03-07-2010 03:02 PM
    It's the only keyboard I use now. Just wish it had a voice input key defined.
    03-08-2010 08:02 AM
    I love swype for when I'm trying to do a quick text, but on the forums and Facebook I prefer the hero keyboard.
    03-08-2010 10:28 AM
    My review will be up today.
    03-08-2010 11:40 AM
    I'm using it as the only keyboard on my phone. its a little slow at times and i'm not sure i quite understand how to add new words correctly, but i am gettin better at using it.
    03-08-2010 03:49 PM
    I'm using it as the only keyboard on my phone. its a little slow at times and i'm not sure i quite understand how to add new words correctly, but i am gettin better at using it.
    Just type in the word by tapping, then press space and it is automatically added to your dictionary.
    03-08-2010 04:44 PM
    I've been using it since the weekend. Frankly, I wasn't impressed by the initial videos of Swype in action. But it really is amazing. Granted that it takes some getting used to, but the cool thing is that for many words you really don't have to be very accurate. It does have trouble sometimes with small words like "it" and "the" -- I frequently get "out" and "thee". HSAT, I'll keep using it.

PS -- if you tried the unofficial, leaked version and didn't like it, be aware that the official beta is a different version. It might be worth a second look.
    03-09-2010 06:13 AM
    I've been using it for a week now and it's pretty good. A little buggy but good. Unfortunately it only supports English and Spanish right now. I really would have liked to try it in Hungarian, as that's the language I use day-to-day, in text messaging, emails and contacts and such. Well, I heard rumors they will add it later...

Anyway I noticed a really strange bug. When Swype is enabled in the Select input method dialog, I can no longer drag-and-drop the shortcuts and folders on my home screen! Instead, when I tap and hold, they just open the app they belong to. Strangely, the widgets still work well. As soon as I switch back to the default touch input - and I can do that in any text box - everything's back to normal. Anyone else seen this?
    03-13-2010 03:47 PM
    That's a known issue, although I've never experienced it myself. Check the Swype site for information on fixing that one.

BTW, I assume you've seen the Monty Python "Hungarian-English Phrasebook" sketch, correct?
    03-14-2010 07:24 PM
    That's a known issue, although I've never experienced it myself. Check the Swype site for information on fixing that one.

BTW, I assume you've seen the Monty Python "Hungarian-English Phrasebook" sketch, correct?
    Known issue, huh? I wrote an email to them but I got no reply, and I can't find anything on their site. Could you point me in the right direction with a link, perhaps? Thanks!

Oh, and I haven't seen that before. I have now... Oh. My. God.
    FYI, that one line isn't actually in Hungarian, it's just some gibberish.

edit:

Got an update on the situation over at the Swype forum. Seems like this has something to do with Sense, and the only workaround is to reboot your phone. And even that doesn't always work.
    03-15-2010 06:19 AM
    I cant seem to find a working version of Swype. The one from droid-life seemed to have a screen issue with my Hero, and the next one I found that seemed to work perfect gave me an trial error after first load and wouldnt work after that.

Does anyone have a link to a working apk?
    05-10-2010 04:30 AM
    I cant seem to find a working version of Swype. The one from droid-life seemed to have a screen issue with my Hero, and the next one I found that seemed to work perfect gave me an trial error after first load and wouldnt work after that.

Does anyone have a link to a working apk?
    It's actually a closed beta, meaning they have a fixed number of users, and it's linked to the actual device you have.I had to swap out my Hero a few weeks ago, and couldn't download the software to my new device until the folks at Swype could reset it. They only have a staff of 27, so they really aren't very fast on the customer service side. I really do love this keyboard, though...it was tough going back to stock in the week it took to get it reset!
    05-10-2010 07:49 AM
    It's actually a closed beta, meaning they have a fixed number of users, and it's linked to the actual device you have.I had to swap out my Hero a few weeks ago, and couldn't download the software to my new device until the folks at Swype could reset it. They only have a staff of 27, so they really aren't very fast on the customer service side. I really do love this keyboard, though...it was tough going back to stock in the week it took to get it reset!
    Well that sux. Was hoping to get to play with that at least.
    05-10-2010 10:29 AM
    Well that sux. Was hoping to get to play with that at least.
    Check ur PM
    05-10-2010 06:59 PM
    I found swype on a site and was able to install it. I really love it only now it states that my trial has ended and everything I seem to do will not allow me to use ie. uninstall, re-download, and install again. Is there any way of getting it again since I am not one of the beta testers. Any help would be appreciated.
    05-15-2010 07:35 PM
    I really liked it at first but went back to stock just to see after about a week and am kind of leaning toward stock now.
    05-15-2010 08:43 PM
    I wonder how much longer this will be in beta... I mean, they are/will be shipping on a few phones not too far in the future, right? Like the Galaxy S if I recall correctly. I would like to know if Swype will be available to buy sometime soon, or if it will only be marketed to handset manufacturers to pre-install on phones.
    05-16-2010 03:32 AM
    Anyone know where you can get Swype for the Incredible since the official beta is currently closed?
    06-03-2010 10:05 AM
    Is the easiest way to download it to just go to the site from the phone itself and download? Or should I go with the whole SD card/Astro File Manager deal?
    06-03-2010 10:24 AM
    easiest way is to get a barcode scanner app in the market, then open then QR code attachment in my post and scan it. direct download.
    06-03-2010 10:27 AM
    Thank you!
    06-03-2010 10:35 AM
176 123 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD