Titanium Backup - ROOTING Sorta?

dcdroid2

Jun 9, 2012
Visit site
Hi,

I have an Android Tablet which I am told is an OEM of FoxConn, to make a long story short, the screen is bad and I need to get it replaced. I have spent a ton of time setting this thing up, preferences, apps, and I don't want to do this all over again as well as the settings for each app.

I want to purchase titanium backup for $6.00 and make a full backup before returning this for a new one, problem is it requires root. So I downloaded SuperOneClick v2.3.3 and ran thru the process, it ended telling me I have super user and I confirmed the superuser app is installed. I then rebooted the tablet.

Then I went to install Titanium Backup and its telling me "Asking for root rights..." then dies saying "Sorry, I could not acquire root privileges" - What the heck!?!?!?!

So then I began a tirade of Goggling, reading forums, manually trying to install BusyBox, installed and ran "Root Checker" which tells me I don't have root privileges - basically any app that requires root tells me I don't have 'root', yet SuperOneClick tells me that I do have root.

How do I fix this? I have been trying on my own for a week now doing everything I could think of, I need to get titanium backup installed and backup this thing before the screen dies completely. Can someone help me get this thing rooted so I can backup my stuff?

PS: Here are the specs of my Droid:
Settings > About Tablet here is what I see:
Model number: MID970
Android Version: 4.0.3
Baseband version: 1.1
Kernel Version: 3.0.8+ inet_dada@InetSoftware #308
Build number: 03F2-P1-H1-H01-AH40.20120413