Far View Agenda is a new calendar-widget designed for lucidity and beauty

It is highly configurable, e.g.
    * scale and "contraction" of the time-line
    * the text sizes and "time-bar" parameters
    * the colors and transparency
    * the application of the calendar-colors as fore- or background

A free version is available!
    06-15-2010 05:23 PM
    looks interesting; what is the difference between free and paid?
    06-15-2010 06:52 PM
    A new version is available, now including a multi-touch-optimized view, providing unlimited continuous scrolling and zooming!

(also works without multi-touch)

06-17-2010 02:27 PM
    I'm new to Android (about a week) and am still trying to figure out how things work.

I use HTC Sync to my Outlook calendar on my computer. Where does this widget get it's information? From my phone calendar or from Google calendar?

If Google, does it show the Event Details?
    06-18-2010 09:13 PM
    this looks very interesting. i can't say i have seen any other calender/task widgets that looks like this. my only concern is that it looks too busy and might be too distracting. does it sync with Astrid?
    06-18-2010 09:34 PM
    I gave up on Astrid/RTM as Astrid had a problem with disappearing repeating events that the developers didn't seem interested in fixing. Moved to Got To Do/toodledo.com and have been much happier.
    06-19-2010 01:01 AM
    this looks very interesting. i can't say i have seen any other calender/task widgets that looks like this. my only concern is that it looks too busy and might be too distracting. does it sync with Astrid?
    Thanks for your response. I have to admit that the configuration dialog is not very nice yet, but you can use it even without any configuration - it will simply show the next events from your calendar, grouped by days and along with them "bars", exactly placed on the time-line from which you can see any overlaps.
    Then play a little with the configuration (tap the upper time-bar to open the dialog) - change one value at a time, tap "apply" and you will see the result.

Have you tried the new version with the "interactive" view yet? does multi-touch-zoom and so on work?
    06-19-2010 03:41 AM
    06-19-2010 06:03 AM
    I gave up on Astrid/RTM as Astrid had a problem with disappearing repeating events that the developers didn't seem interested in fixing. Moved to Got To Do/toodledo.com and have been much happier.
    Me, too. And it syncs with Outlook. Best thing I've found so far for managing Tasks and syncing across platforms.
    06-19-2010 08:45 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD