Wifi Media Sync now available!

infamousdutch

Jun 4, 2010
Visit site
Wifi Media Sync by 8-bit development is now available in the marketplace!

Wifi Media Sync allows you to sync music, photos, videos, ANY file from your PC to your phone! Simply install the phone app, download and configure the PC client, connect and start downloading!

Send me your feedback and support questions!

knives of ice

Jun 15, 2010
Visit site
Unfortunatly, You cannot currently schedule sync times, however, this is a feature we have been discussing for a future version.

Is anyone else interested in configurable sync times?!

yeah without that its a dealbreaker for me. i want to be able to wake up and already have my music there synced from the night before. without an instant time set it is just as quick to plug things in and do it. specifically, i want to be able to record the howard stern show each day and have it automatically sync to my phone each day when i wake up.

flipfone

Apr 5, 2010
Visit site
Either Sync times or while on charge. i like all my stuff to sync while im sleeping and the phone is on the charger.

Sambo41

May 12, 2010
Visit site
I have installed WiFi Media Synck on my EVO 4G and the desktop client on a Dell system with Windows Vista. I keep getting the error "Invalid IP address". I type the same password in the phone app as I gave the desktop client. I have correctly entered the IP address listed by the desktop client several times.

Any suggestions?

Thanks,
Sam Martin

Last edited:

rmiles7721

Jun 25, 2010
Visit site
Just purchased it from the Market. Pretty cool so far. I also wouldn't mind having the schedule and 2-way but it would also be nice to have user configurable target directories on the SD card, i.e. /documents instead of the originating directory name under /sdcard/wifimediasync

infamousdutch

Jun 4, 2010
Visit site
I'm really hanging out for 2-way sync.

the palm pre version now has 2-way... how long for android?
We're shooting for mid august, and it looks like the Android version will leap frog the Palm WebOS version and hit 2.0 first!

Features include:
Full Sync = the ability to your phone and upload all pending files to your pc with a tap of a button!

File modification support = tracking of when files are updated/modified and re-adding them to the pending files list!

Sorry for not posting here more often, we've been really busy on this update...stay tuned!

Chondog

Apr 28, 2010
Visit site
Would love to see a program that can sync playcount, last played, ratings and other metadata from an xml file or whatever itunes uses. I have iSync and it works admirably for the most part. I have their iSync Ratings addon, but it only works with the stock music player, not with 3rd party programs like Mixzing, Meridian, etc.

I have over 15,000 songs and had meticulously tagged and rated everyone in iTunes. I just don't want to lose that vital information.

infamousdutch

Jun 4, 2010
Visit site
Ok, so I've been away from this forum for WAY too long...but it's been a productive couple weeks..

Version 2.0 of Wifi Media Sync is now available in the market place, sporting full upload and download support with a tap of a button!!

Full Upload Support
Easily scan your phone for new files to upload to your PC

Update also supports File modification tracking!!
If you sync a file, then modify it on your pc, the file will automatically re-sync the next to you run!

Optimized for Droid Incredible and Droid X
The higher resolution Android phones were not displaying properly in 1.0, that is fixed in 2.0, as the app in now optimized for the high resolution displays.

Better Firewall integration
The pc client now performs
Please upgrade your pc client to take full advantage of the android update, upgrading the pc client can down from the settings menu of the android client (send yourself the URL).

Some items did not making into this release, don't fret, as we intend to have incremental updates from this point forward to add features and enhance the user experience as we hear back from the community. Feel free to DM me or contact us at appsupport via the app's menu. We are always open to hearing your feedback!!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nikoczzzz