Should Google buy doubleTwist?

Basis

Apr 13, 2010
Visit site
The stock music player is pretty ugly to say the least. When using doubleTwist, I can't help but love it. It looks so nice and well polished. I think Google should buy it/the company and incorporate it as the stock music player. The UI looks very impressive and it will help Google Android. What do you guys think?

TheOpusFuller

May 28, 2010
www.Germanity.com
I don't think so... Doubletwist is not quite there in my opinion. It needs to be more like Itunes. In Itunes you can add album art to the music. In Double Twist you can't. There's a lot it's missing.... PASS

thevoiceless

Feb 18, 2010
Visit site
They should acquire DoubleTwist and IMPROVE it. I use the app on my my phone, but the desktop client seemed too slow. The idea is there, though, and the functionality is getting better. The guys that made the Android app took extra effort to make it look nice and work well, as a sort of example of what's possible if you're willing to put in the extra work, so hopefully they can do the same with the desktop client from here on out.

Kyle Gibb

May 17, 2010
Visit site
doubleTwist is by far the best alternative I have seen/used for iTunes. I am sure the guys who made this would LOVE to be thrown a couple million by Google. Imagine having integration with Amazon mp3 such that you could order and download right within the app. Same with movies and TV shows. You have the full Android Market. And the whole thing can sync over USB or wifi. *fingers crossed*

Basis

Apr 13, 2010
Visit site
There are rooms for improvement for doubleTwist. But if Google buys them, they can fix all those errors and have a solid music player comparable to iTunes.