Groove IP bluetooth hands free profile

mario595

Jun 13, 2012
Visit site
I bought a Droid RAZR from Verizon last week under a new contract.
It has the following releases:

System Version 6.12.181.XT912.Verizon.en.US
Model NUmber DROID RAZR
Andoroid Version 2.3.6
Baseband version CDMA_N_04.07.01R LTEDC_U_07.1F.00
Webtop version WT-2.0.0-139
Kernel Version 2.6.35.7-g65de91d qgd748@il93lnxdroid10 #1
Build Number 6.5.1-167_DHD-14_M3-8
Build date Thu Mar 8 12:33:02 CST 2012
ERI version 5
PRL version 15142

I have it paired to the HFL (Hands free Link) bluetooth device in my 2004 Acura TL which from my understanding uses the bluetooth hands free profile; albeit an earlier version of it.

The native dialer in the phone works flawlessly. Actually works much better than my previous phone which was a flip (non smartphone). When I am in bluetooth mode during a call and touch the speaker button the bluetooth connection is dropped and you can get out of the car and continue your conversation without skipping a beat.

I have a google voice account and phone number and am trying to use Groove IP to simply make outgoing calls. I need to be able to do that with the HFL.

I was trying to decide between Groove IP and Talkatone and was reading about problems with each. In the end I installed both. Neither can successfully utilize the hands free.

In GrooveIP during a call I can touch the Bluetooth button, the imbedded light bar stays on but the HFL does nothing. When I touch the speaker button nothing happens. The embedded bar stays lit but the speaker is not engaged.

In Talkatone during a call I can touch the Bluetooth button but the imbedded light bar will not stay on and nothing happens. I can touch that speaker button and it does work.

Both these products supposedly use an Andoid API to turn bluetooth on and off. I am going to guess that the native dialer doesn't work bluetooth through the same API because it is rock solid.

My question is could this be a Gingerbread issue? I have read opinions that bluetooth works better in Honeycomb and Ice Cream Sandwich than Gingerbread. But it didn't specifically say if the API is better or if it just natively supports a greater range of devices and bluetooth profiles. If not that then what else?

Full disclosure: I have installed some apps besides what I got from Verizon and I did root the phone. But the only modification I have done is flip the bit for the hotspot check. Also I downloaded version 1.2.17 of Groove IP from the internet and did not pay for it. The current release is 1.2.21. I FULLY INTEND to pay for it and get updates once I know that I can get it to work with my HFL. If I can't get HFL working then I'll never use it. Talkatone is free with ads and I would be happy to pay for that if I can get it to work as well.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sleezzyy21