07-02-2010 10:39 AM
202 1234 ...
tools
    If you can get the page to come up. :/ Seems to be a little overwhelmed at the moment.
    06-16-2010 10:55 AM
    Whats the difference in the Beta, i got an invite but i installed the swype.apk file and have been using it since the release of the incredible, any reason to switch to this beta?
    06-16-2010 10:56 AM
    Trying to sign up but the page is taking forever to load right now.
    06-16-2010 10:57 AM
    Yeah. it appears that the site is getting hammered.
    06-16-2010 11:02 AM
    Yea took a while for me too- servers are getting hammered I imagine.

First impressions: I like it, although I think I'm gonna miss the cursor keys. So far though, it has really impressed me with its accuracy.
    06-16-2010 11:03 AM
    The newer builds are much better than the previous ones. Plus, the betas all time out after 90 days.
    06-16-2010 11:05 AM
    Got my e-mail followed the download link and get the message "Sorry! This is not an Android phone." on my EVO. What gives?
    06-16-2010 11:05 AM
    I downloaded it last night but I got the message that I wasn't using the correct phone also.

I checked and I have mobile view checked and I used the default browser
    06-16-2010 11:08 AM
    First impressions: I like it, although I think I'm gonna miss the cursor keys. So far though, it has really impressed me with its accuracy.
    Did you know there is an editing symbol layer? Just swype fromt he swype key to the sym button to bring it up. It has your arrows and other helpful editing buttons.
    mhespenh and Diabl0 like this.
    06-16-2010 11:10 AM
    Did you know there is an editing symbol layer? Just swype fromt he swype key to the sym button to bring it up. It has your arrows and other helpful editing buttons.
    You are a scholar and a gentleman! Thanked!
    06-16-2010 11:17 AM
    I tried running it on my evo and i cant get it to work, anyone help me out.

thanks
    06-16-2010 11:24 AM
    I need help.... I got the link and went through the steps and it says "The ID of this phone does not match your registration at beta.swype.com"

how do I get this installed?? It's frustrating because I had a version of swype working that I uninstalled for this one (assuming that my previous one would expire) and now I have nothing!!! I can't live without swype help!!!!
    06-16-2010 11:26 AM
    1.) Swype is an app. Moving to the apps forum.

2.) Anyone posting the APK or links to the APK will receive an infraction, and their post will be deleted.
    06-16-2010 11:28 AM
    I downloaded it last night but I got the message that I wasn't using the correct phone also.

I checked and I have mobile view checked and I used the default browser
    Same here. Got my e-mail followed the download link and get the message "Sorry! This is not an Android phone." on my EVO. What gives?

UPDATE: I cleared my history and cache on my browser and I no longer get the error. But servers must be slammed because it is hung on downloading the installer now.
    06-16-2010 11:29 AM
    The "not an Android phone" message popped up for me too. Then I realized it's because I'd disabled the "Mobile View" option in the stock browser settings. I'm guessing it needs to know you're on Android, so I just switched it back temporarily and got the download just fine. Try that, hopefully it should work for you!
    06-16-2010 11:34 AM
    Same here. Got my e-mail followed the download link and get the message "Sorry! This is not an Android phone." on my EVO. What gives?

UPDATE: I cleared my history and cache on my browser and I no longer get the error. But servers must be slammed because it is hung on downloading the installer now.

I got this message on the Incredible using the stock browser. I switched to my Dolphin HD browser and it opened it on the first try.
    06-16-2010 11:38 AM
    I just got this today, I love it already, I wish it had a mic for speech input though.
    when you have the swype keyboard up - press menu

there's a Speak option there
    06-16-2010 11:40 AM
    when you have the swype keyboard up - press menu

there's a Speak option there

Not on mine...
    06-16-2010 11:41 AM
    Okay so I removed...rebooted and re-installed and it seems to be working now possibly...fingers crossed
    06-16-2010 11:44 AM
    1.) Swype is an app. Moving to the apps forum.
    Sorry. forgot all about the app forum
    06-16-2010 11:44 AM
    Yea took a while for me too- servers are getting hammered I imagine.

I thought that too but someone showed me how to get to the cursors. Swipe from key with the Swype symbol on it over to the SYM key. It will change the keyboard to one with cursors and other tools.
    06-16-2010 11:45 AM
    ok...so what if ur using the "unofficial" version of swype on your phone...do you have to delete it and than install the beta one?
    06-16-2010 11:54 AM

Yeah but I got passed the download. I can get the keyboard up but it said I was using the wrong phone. It didn't say I didn't have am android.

I can't even re download because it says I have to delete the old one first and I see no way to delete it
    06-16-2010 11:58 AM
    Not on mine...
    Nevermind - apparently its a Handcent feature not a Swype one - I only use speech to text when I'm sending SMS messages so that's why I've seen it there...
    06-16-2010 12:01 PM
    Yeah but I got passed the download. I can get the keyboard up but it said I was using the wrong phone. It didn't say I didn't have am android.

I can't even re download because it says I have to delete the old one first and I see no way to delete it
    Probably need to go in to your SD card and delete the file from the download folder
    06-16-2010 12:04 PM
202 1234 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD