Swype BETA (6/16/2010) - Discuss Here

elamb23

Apr 26, 2010
Visit site
I got a swype beta invite for my incredible yesterday, downloaded and installed but I have no idea how to activate when typing. Any help here, what am I missing?

Corey

Jan 26, 2010
Visit site
Menu > Settings > Language & Keyboards > check Swype

Then go into any program that has a text input field. Long press the input area and select Input Method. Then pick Swype. Should be working.

njguy0414

Apr 27, 2010
Visit site
I also just got my beta invite. But when I go to install the swype-installer.apk, it window pops up and asks me to complete the action using: Gamboid/SNesoid or Package Installer. I choose the Package Installer, then it says there was a parse error (There is a problem parsing the package)

Any ideas on how to fix this?

Sorry to hijack this elamb23, but I think he answered your question, and I didn't want to start a new thread.

njguy0414

Apr 27, 2010
Visit site
Yeah, my girlfriend has it on her Samsung OmniaII and it looks like a neat way of text input. I hope to give it a real test, if I ever figure out what the deal is with the parsing error.

iowabowtech

May 6, 2010
Visit site
Yeah, my girlfriend has it on her Samsung OmniaII and it looks like a neat way of text input. I hope to give it a real test, if I ever figure out what the deal is with the parsing error.

Do you have allow non-market applications box checked at Settings > Applications > Unknown Sources (check)

njguy0414

Apr 27, 2010
Visit site
Isn't it always some stupid check box somewhere? ;) Thank you very much for pointing that out. I was following along with the screen shots on the Swype page, and I didn't see anything about the parse error. I should have checked that box!

I checked it, but it still gives me a parse error. I'm going to reboot the phone and then try it again.

VDub2174

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Dec 28, 2009
Visit site
Isn't it always some stupid check box somewhere? ;) Thank you very much for pointing that out. I was following along with the screen shots on the Swype page, and I didn't see anything about the parse error. I should have checked that box!

I checked it, but it still gives me a parse error. I'm going to reboot the phone and then try it again.

It is always that box.....lol Do you by chance have an older version of Swype on your phone?

ctw500

Jun 9, 2010
Visit site
I also just got my beta invite. But when I go to install the swype-installer.apk, it window pops up and asks me to complete the action using: Gamboid/SNesoid or Package Installer. I choose the Package Installer, then it says there was a parse error (There is a problem parsing the package)

Any ideas on how to fix this?

Sorry to hijack this elamb23, but I think he answered your question, and I didn't want to start a new thread.

Not that it's much help to you, but just FYI I got a link to the beta this morning too and it worked fine for me.

boggs3010#AC

Banned
May 17, 2010
Visit site
I too signed up last week and received an email late last night inviting me. So far I think I like it. FYI to others do NOT use skyfire to try and down load the app it will not work. Use the stock browser.