07-02-2010 10:39 AM
202 ... 45678 ...
tools
    I apologize..... Not trying to be a "Pirate" I signed up for the Beta a good 3+ months ago... I also would have had no problem at all actually paying for the Swype keyboard.. By not getting it out darn beta forces people to resort to other methods to get it.... I actually didn't go hunting for it.... Just read in another thread here to just Google XDA and Swype Keyboard for Android....

I used it on another handset and just loved it....

Again SORRY!!! Don't want to offend any one....
    No you didn't offend anyone here, I was just trying to help before "THAT GUY" caught you lol. Either way everyone join up they have it open now because they want/need help and opinions sign up and give it to them!

Wonder if it will go payware? I would gladly pay for it, it's a must have in my opinion.
    Robbie317 likes this.
    06-16-2010 09:29 PM
    I registered and signed up for the beta. Received an email shortly after and opened on my HTC Incredible. When I select the link it says that this is not an android phone. Did someone change the operating system and didn't tell me. I can't get the thing to root so I know that isn't the problem...))
    06-16-2010 09:31 PM
    No you didn't offend anyone here, I was just trying to help before "THAT GUY" caught you lol. Either way everyone join up they have it open now because they want/need help and opinions sign up and give it to them!

Wonder if it will go payware? I would gladly pay for it, it's a must have in my opinion.
    I thank you much for the attempt at a warning... I have apologized directly to Brett...... I am no *****.... I got my hand slapped by "THAT GUY" and I am on notice now..... BAD ME!!!!

Yeah I agree, I love Swype... Great keyboard... I like it a lot and it's a lot easier and faster to type... Specially on the EVO's huge screen... I would happily pay for it with in reason... If they charged $100 I couldn't see buying it but for a few bucks sure... It's worth that....
    06-16-2010 09:32 PM
    Change your browser options to allow mobile view. If it's not checked it doesn't show up as an Android device it shows up as a webkit browser. It thinks you are a computer!!

I would happily pay for it with in reason... If they charged $100 I couldn't see buying it but for a few bucks sure... It's worth that....
    Nah too much I wouldn't but I would probably pay up to $4 for it. Pushing upwards it would really be questionable. Hopefully they do the smart thing, and since they have partnered with phone companies and are getting paid there, they will give it away. Maybe too much to ask but we can always hope
    06-16-2010 09:33 PM
    Change your browser options to allow mobile view. If it's not checked it doesn't show up as an Android device it shows up as a webkit browser. It thinks you are a computer!!

Nah too much I wouldn't but I would probably pay up to $4 for it. Pushing upwards it would really be questionable. Hopefully they do the smart thing, and since they have partnered with phone companies and are getting paid there, they will give it away. Maybe too much to ask but we can always hope
    Yeah I was thinking $1 - 5 would be a no brainer $5 - 10 would still be manageable since I do love it above $10 I would be hard pressed to pay for it. It's just annoying it's been in "Beta" for so long.... I used it on the HD2 (It comes stock on the HD2) a friend of mine had and loved it..... I went to Swype's website and was upset I couldn't get it... So I started searching online and was able to "Bootleg" it to my N1 and EVO... was very excited to get the Beta e-mail yesterday....
    06-16-2010 09:39 PM
    Yeah I hear ya and was in the same boat and reasons. So today both me and my wife are offically part of the beta As well as getting in with Google Voice on both phones, this has been a good week for our phones lol. Maybe I should go to the state line and play the lottery this week too.....hummmmm
    06-16-2010 09:44 PM
    Anyone out there with an EVo and a Zagg SCREEN protector on that can get Swype to work. It does not recognize the swiping motion. I can press the keys and get a response, but NOTHING happens when I swipe
    06-16-2010 09:44 PM
    It's because of the screen protector if it doesn't pick it up. Another reason for me not to use a screen protector on Guerrilla Glass. But that's another discussion lol.
    06-16-2010 09:46 PM
    Anyone out there with an EVo and a Zagg SCREEN protector on that can get Swype to work. It does not recognize the swiping motion. I can press the keys and get a response, but NOTHING happens when I swipe
    I have a full body Zagg including the screen and I have no issues at all with the Zagg Skin messing up the Swype keyboard... Works great...
    06-16-2010 09:47 PM
    Yeah I hear ya and was in the same boat and reasons. So today both me and my wife are offically part of the beta As well as getting in with Google Voice on both phones, this has been a good week for our phones lol. Maybe I should go to the state line and play the lottery this week too.....hummmmm
    Yeah I got the Google Voice invite... Actually used it for a while when I had my Nexus One as it came standard one it.... I didn't really care for it all that much.. The Sprint Voicemail is pretty good.... With my N1 the e-mail transcripts of my messages never made any sense.. Specially if some one used a curse word... It wouldn't repeat that but it would come up with words that made no sense in the sentence.....
    06-16-2010 09:49 PM
    I just downloaded swype on my phone, but I cannot figure out how to get the phone to switch from the stock keyboard to the swype keyboard.
    06-16-2010 10:06 PM
    Go to settings - language and keyboards enable swype then go to any text entry long press the window select input method and select swype. Enjoy
    06-16-2010 10:17 PM
    Love Swype, but i cant seem to enter posts from my phone on this site now.

I can type the post or comment rather quickly and when i push the post reply button, it just turns green but doesnt post at all ever. Anyone else having this issue? I am on EVO BTW
    06-16-2010 10:33 PM
    OMG I never wanna type the regular way again! I don't want Swype to go away!
    06-16-2010 10:48 PM
    I didn't read all these pages but I installed swype and for some reason it wouldn't let my phone sleep. I deleted it and it went back to my normal 15 sec timeout.
    06-16-2010 11:21 PM
    Not sure never had Swype do that. Could be a mix or it and another app on your phone not liking each other?
    06-16-2010 11:31 PM
    wow! I am just loving this keyboard! I didn't quite get the hype when I watched the video on it a month or so ago but after using it a little be today it is absolutely awesome! Has there been much talk if they are going to charge for Swype after beta?
    06-16-2010 11:34 PM
    Coming from Smart Keyboard Pro, are there gestures that allow you to see the alt keys or at LEAST an arrow pad? That was my favorite feature of the app. But overall, I am LOVING this keyboard.
    06-16-2010 11:37 PM
    Coming from Smart Keyboard Pro, are there gestures that allow you to see the alt keys or at LEAST an arrow pad? That was my favorite feature of the app. But overall, I am LOVING this keyboard.
    slide from the swype key to the SYM key.
    Argent likes this.
    06-16-2010 11:51 PM
    Swype needs a microphone button like the stock KB
    06-17-2010 01:29 AM
    never got the hype behind this until this afternoon when i got to try it out for myself. I am in love with this so much faster/easier then pressing the keys lol feel lazy doing it but i love it don't wanna go back to regular keyboard again. i hope that they don't charge too much for it 4-5$ or less otherwise i won't be using it anymore. oh and thanks to the post above for the tip about the arrow/select text buttons.
    06-17-2010 03:06 AM
    I just couldn't get used to it. I used it all day yesterday but it just didn't do it for me. It was fast, and easy to use. But for some reason I went back to my regular keyboard. Don't know why but swype just didnt do it for me.
    06-17-2010 06:14 AM
    I just couldn't get used to it. I used it all day yesterday but it just didn't do it for me. It was fast, and easy to use. But for some reason I went back to my regular keyboard. Don't know why but swype just didnt do it for me.
    The first time I tried it, I had the same reaction. It wasn't bad, but there were things that would slow me way down. I came back to it about a month or two later and looked at the videos on their website for tips and it helped out quite a bit and now Swype is my default.
    06-17-2010 06:33 AM
    I got my download link in my email late last night and installed it. So far it worked great and the tutorial was very informative since I couldn't for the life of me figure out how to type words with double letters in them, like "look" or "meet" .

So far so good though, it takes some getting used to but I like it!
    06-17-2010 08:02 AM
    Has there been much talk if they are going to charge for Swype after beta?
    No telling. They're currently only selling to manufacturers. They haven't even confirmed whether or not they're going to sell to individuals. If you want it, suggest it on their site or promote someone's suggestion.
    06-17-2010 08:06 AM
202 ... 45678 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD