Swype BETA (6/16/2010) - Discuss Here

Brett

Retired Moderator
Nov 22, 2009
Visit site
Posting links to beta's posted of swype is prohibited here. They have been getting on people because of it here lately watch your step. I imagine the Swype team wasn't happy about it, either way don't do it. Just sign up for the beta it's open now....freakin pirates ;)

thank you :cool:

guys come on, the beta is open to everybody right now so please do not post links to unofficial hacked versions. what you do in the privacy of your phone is none our business. if you really wanted a hacked version i am sure you can find it but please don't post link in this forum.

i really don't want to be THAT GUY :p but if i see the same people posting links then it is out of my control.

posting links to unofficial apps are considered warez. it is pirated. This forum is not a bit torrent site and that kind of material is prohibited here.

Robbie317

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site
Posting links to beta's posted of swype is prohibited here. They have been getting on people because of it here lately watch your step. I imagine the Swype team wasn't happy about it, either way don't do it. Just sign up for the beta it's open now....freakin pirates ;)

I apologize..... Not trying to be a "Pirate" :) I signed up for the Beta a good 3+ months ago... I also would have had no problem at all actually paying for the Swype keyboard.. By not getting it out darn beta forces people to resort to other methods to get it.... I actually didn't go hunting for it.... Just read in another thread here to just Google XDA and Swype Keyboard for Android....

I used it on another handset and just loved it....

Again SORRY!!! Don't want to offend any one....

Robbie317

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site

guys come on, the beta is open to everybody right now so please do not post links to unofficial hacked versions. what you do in the privacy of your phone is none our business. if you really wanted a hacked version i am sure you can find it but please don't post link in this forum.

i really don't want to be THAT GUY :p but if i see the same people posting links then it is out of my control.

posting links to unofficial apps are considered warez. it is pirated. This forum is not a bit torrent site and that kind of material is prohibited here.

I apologize... Been warned.... Won't happen again....

Robbie317

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site

Also fairly new to Android and actually having the option to install different things.... 2 year iPhone user who just got overly excited....

Never "Jail Broke" my iPhone... I guess that is also one of the downsides of an open operating system....

Brett

Retired Moderator
Nov 22, 2009
Visit site
it's all good. Im happy you like your new android phone. i came from blackberry and i never knew what a fast phone actually was haha. when you switch devices with different OS's its like a whole new game. i love my Droid and can't put the sucker down, and i have had this thing since november so that is saying something.

welcome aboard robbie

Qazme

May 1, 2010
Visit site
I apologize..... Not trying to be a "Pirate" :) I signed up for the Beta a good 3+ months ago... I also would have had no problem at all actually paying for the Swype keyboard.. By not getting it out darn beta forces people to resort to other methods to get it.... I actually didn't go hunting for it.... Just read in another thread here to just Google XDA and Swype Keyboard for Android....

I used it on another handset and just loved it....

Again SORRY!!! Don't want to offend any one....

No you didn't offend anyone here, I was just trying to help before "THAT GUY" caught you lol. Either way everyone join up they have it open now because they want/need help and opinions sign up and give it to them!

Wonder if it will go payware? I would gladly pay for it, it's a must have in my opinion.

keepsakenw

Nov 8, 2009
Visit site
I registered and signed up for the beta. Received an email shortly after and opened on my HTC Incredible. When I select the link it says that this is not an android phone. Did someone change the operating system and didn't tell me. I can't get the thing to root so I know that isn't the problem...:)))

Robbie317

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site
No you didn't offend anyone here, I was just trying to help before "THAT GUY" caught you lol. Either way everyone join up they have it open now because they want/need help and opinions sign up and give it to them!

Wonder if it will go payware? I would gladly pay for it, it's a must have in my opinion.

I thank you much for the attempt at a warning... I have apologized directly to Brett...... I am no idiot.... I got my hand slapped by "THAT GUY" and I am on notice now..... BAD ME!!!!

Yeah I agree, I love Swype... Great keyboard... I like it a lot and it's a lot easier and faster to type... Specially on the EVO's huge screen... I would happily pay for it with in reason... If they charged $100 I couldn't see buying it but for a few bucks sure... It's worth that....

Qazme

May 1, 2010
Visit site
Change your browser options to allow mobile view. If it's not checked it doesn't show up as an Android device it shows up as a webkit browser. It thinks you are a computer!!

I would happily pay for it with in reason... If they charged $100 I couldn't see buying it but for a few bucks sure... It's worth that....

Nah too much I wouldn't but I would probably pay up to $4 for it. Pushing upwards it would really be questionable. Hopefully they do the smart thing, and since they have partnered with phone companies and are getting paid there, they will give it away. Maybe too much to ask but we can always hope ;)

Robbie317

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site
Change your browser options to allow mobile view. If it's not checked it doesn't show up as an Android device it shows up as a webkit browser. It thinks you are a computer!!

Nah too much I wouldn't but I would probably pay up to $4 for it. Pushing upwards it would really be questionable. Hopefully they do the smart thing, and since they have partnered with phone companies and are getting paid there, they will give it away. Maybe too much to ask but we can always hope ;)

Yeah I was thinking $1 - 5 would be a no brainer $5 - 10 would still be manageable since I do love it above $10 I would be hard pressed to pay for it. It's just annoying it's been in "Beta" for so long.... I used it on the HD2 (It comes stock on the HD2) a friend of mine had and loved it..... I went to Swype's website and was upset I couldn't get it... So I started searching online and was able to "Bootleg" it to my N1 and EVO... was very excited to get the Beta e-mail yesterday....

Qazme

May 1, 2010
Visit site
Yeah I hear ya and was in the same boat and reasons. So today both me and my wife are offically part of the beta ;) As well as getting in with Google Voice on both phones, this has been a good week for our phones lol. Maybe I should go to the state line and play the lottery this week too.....hummmmm

saulleibow

Jun 12, 2010
Visit site
Help Screen Protector/Swype

Anyone out there with an EVo and a Zagg SCREEN protector on that can get Swype to work. It does not recognize the swiping motion. I can press the keys and get a response, but NOTHING happens when I swipe

Qazme

May 1, 2010
Visit site
It's because of the screen protector if it doesn't pick it up. Another reason for me not to use a screen protector on Guerrilla Glass. But that's another discussion lol.

Robbie317

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site
Anyone out there with an EVo and a Zagg SCREEN protector on that can get Swype to work. It does not recognize the swiping motion. I can press the keys and get a response, but NOTHING happens when I swipe

I have a full body Zagg including the screen and I have no issues at all with the Zagg Skin messing up the Swype keyboard... Works great...

Robbie317

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site
Yeah I hear ya and was in the same boat and reasons. So today both me and my wife are offically part of the beta ;) As well as getting in with Google Voice on both phones, this has been a good week for our phones lol. Maybe I should go to the state line and play the lottery this week too.....hummmmm

Yeah I got the Google Voice invite... Actually used it for a while when I had my Nexus One as it came standard one it.... I didn't really care for it all that much.. The Sprint Voicemail is pretty good.... With my N1 the e-mail transcripts of my messages never made any sense.. Specially if some one used a curse word... It wouldn't repeat that but it would come up with words that made no sense in the sentence.....

Jetster220

Dec 8, 2009
Visit site
Enabling Swype??

I just downloaded swype on my phone, but I cannot figure out how to get the phone to switch from the stock keyboard to the swype keyboard.

likwidsoul

Feb 1, 2010
Visit site
Go to settings - language and keyboards enable swype then go to any text entry long press the window select input method and select swype. Enjoy

biggamer3

Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
Love Swype, but i cant seem to enter posts from my phone on this site now.

I can type the post or comment rather quickly and when i push the post reply button, it just turns green but doesnt post at all ever. Anyone else having this issue? I am on EVO BTW

QuasarZ

Apr 29, 2010
Visit site
I didn't read all these pages but I installed swype and for some reason it wouldn't let my phone sleep. I deleted it and it went back to my normal 15 sec timeout.