Swype BETA (6/16/2010) - Discuss Here

Diabl0

May 16, 2010
Visit site
Same here. Got my e-mail followed the download link and get the message "Sorry! This is not an Android phone." on my EVO. What gives?

UPDATE: I cleared my history and cache on my browser and I no longer get the error. But servers must be slammed because it is hung on downloading the installer now.

I got this message on the Incredible using the stock browser. I switched to my Dolphin HD browser and it opened it on the first try.

NicksGarage

May 18, 2010
Visit site
Yea took a while for me too- servers are getting hammered I imagine.

First impressions: I like it, although I think I'm gonna miss the cursor keys. So far though, it has really impressed me with its accuracy.

I thought that too but someone showed me how to get to the cursors. Swipe from key with the Swype symbol on it over to the SYM key. It will change the keyboard to one with cursors and other tools.

Last edited:

chazm

May 18, 2010
Visit site
Same here. Got my e-mail followed the download link and get the message "Sorry! This is not an Android phone." on my EVO. What gives?

UPDATE: I cleared my history and cache on my browser and I no longer get the error. But servers must be slammed because it is hung on downloading the installer now.

Yeah but I got passed the download. I can get the keyboard up but it said I was using the wrong phone. It didn't say I didn't have am android.

I can't even re download because it says I have to delete the old one first and I see no way to delete it

Argent

Mar 12, 2010
Visit site
Yeah but I got passed the download. I can get the keyboard up but it said I was using the wrong phone. It didn't say I didn't have am android.

I can't even re download because it says I have to delete the old one first and I see no way to delete it

Probably need to go in to your SD card and delete the file from the download folder

xesso

Feb 11, 2010
Visit site
I signed up last night and got the email this morning. I was using shapewriter for a little bit and I can say swype runs a lot smoother

teiresias

Apr 7, 2010
Visit site
Nevermind, found it, though it's annoying it's not on the main keyboard, though it's not hard to get to.

For those in my previous shoes: swipe from the Swype -> SYM to open the editing keyboard and then hit the Done key. The back key wasn't working for me for some reason, maybe it was a weird thing the forum I was on was doing, but if the back key doesn't work, that's another option.

Charmed Juan

Dec 19, 2009
Visit site
I had the original beta and was sad to see it go and got the shapewriter. It works ok but I don't like the landscape keyboard.
Happy I got on the new beta.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DragnDon