Blackberry?10/SwiftKey Keyboard

asd216

Dec 7, 2010
Visit site
We all know blackberry is pretty much dead BUT! RIM's new keyboard, which is built off of Swiftkey's technology looks pretty bad ass!

If you haven't seen it, I suggest you take a look at it!

Blackberry?10 Keyboard

I wonder if Swiftkey will bring this to Android?

Last edited:

obi_8t4

Oct 9, 2009
Visit site
Re: blackberry 10/swiftkey keyboard

I seen this keyboard on YouTube and I fell in love with it I wanted for my GS3 if someone finds it somewhere can you please post a link thanks!! :)

teamfoster03

Mar 6, 2011
Visit site

I was just forced to get an android phone for work since bbz10 is delayed in the us. Would love to get the z10 keyboard for my s2

Roscopcoletrain

Oct 22, 2010
Visit site

Keyboard is totally excellent! Amazed at how good it is. Would LOVE LOVE LOVE for a port, skin or something to come to Android.

Berry_Pink

Jan 30, 2013
Visit site

would love this keyboard for my android jiayu g3, blackberry 10 disappointed me but i loved the keyboard and the lock screen transition

meyerweb#CB

Banned
Sep 4, 2009
Visit site

I don't see where it really is much different than Swiftkey, other than some sort of clever animations. Functionally, though, what's the big deal (compared to Swiftkey)?

Roscopcoletrain

Oct 22, 2010
Visit site

Use it and you'd see. Just the layout. No looking up at suggestions. They're right where you'd expect them on the keys. Is just simpler and works really well.

Sent from my Nexus⁴

robinto

Dec 21, 2012
Visit site

The predicted word is just over the next letter for that word.

Sent from my SGH-I747M using Android Central Forums

Berry_Pink

Jan 30, 2013
Visit site

I'm curious - what didn't you like about the BB10?

Sent from my HTC Vivid (ICS)

nothing too major its a beautiful phone with some great ideas such as the hub integration and keyboard. At first i sold my 9900 to save up for bb10 and swapped to a cheap droid that looked like a z10 in the few weeks leading up to the release as i knew 9900 prices would crash soon as people sold them to upgrade. ive always liked customisation and on bb7 you could get basic themes but the customisation on the android was so so much more and the range of apps on it were addicting (novelty, ive downloaded about 130 decent ones lol) - whoever keeps harping on about android being a toy is wrong, office suite, homework, docs to go and others are downloaded and have been so much help that i cant do without them now whereas on blackberry there isnt anything like that (besides docs to go and basic task scheduler apps)

id read a few reviews back on crackberry about the huge lists of bugs and apps/features missing in bb10 that were present on bb7 which made me apprehensive as although it is a new os, blackberry has years of experience and knew what features would be missed from their legacy os so why they havent included them or said they are coming is a bit unsettling for saying this is their one chance to claw back popularity and appeal to america. i went into a 3uk store and played with a live phone display (calls and messages disabled), nearly every app promised in the launch livestream wasnt in the app store, you cant pin a certain live tile, the os on the display phone seemed really laggy and wouldnt respond well to my gestures (i could put this down to being a well handled display unit but it looked barely touched and there werent many people in the store)

i wont go into everything thats been left out as theres several long threads on them on crackberry but if the missing features were updated in a software release and android apps sideloaded perfectly on bb10 (full functionality) then id consider going back to it in a few months when it felt more like a blackberry, now im getting comfortable with my jiayu and im starting to think android just fits me better, its also nice to step back from the ecosystem youve gotten so integrated into and can view it for its pros and cons without feeling the need to fangirl over it and ignore the downsides like a lot of people are doing over on crackberry at the moment, youd think the z10 was a family member you were insulting just because you dont like it, its actually sickening the way some members are replying to others at the minute
sorry for the long post lol, not slating the z10 by any means but its definitely been overhyped in every aspect

bruce7373

Feb 21, 2012
Visit site

@Berry_Pink: thanks for the expansive reply. I may head over to crackberry and poke around. I've got several months left on my AT&T contract so time to see how the dust settles. I do love android though, so it would take some stellar reviews (on more than just the keyboard, lol) to get me to switch.

Sent from my HTC Vivid (ICS)

meyerweb#CB

Banned
Sep 4, 2009
Visit site

The predicted word is just over the next letter for that word.
Sounds like a disadvantage to me. If the predicted word is wrong, I've got to look all around the keyboard to see what the app thinks I want to type. I like having the predicted word always in the same spot. No need to guess where it's going to show up. Cool, and functional, are often in opposition.

Roscopcoletrain

Oct 22, 2010
Visit site

Sounds like a disadvantage to me. If the predicted word is wrong, I've got to look all around the keyboard to see what the app thinks I want to type. I like having the predicted word always in the same spot. No need to guess where it's going to show up. Cool, and functional, are often in opposition.

No, you'd just continue to type the word you wanted and it will continue to suggest that word. They dont show up randomly on the keyboard. They show up on the next letter.

For example, if i wanted the word letter, once i hit the l, letter would be over the e key.

Sent from my Nexus⁴

teamfoster03

Mar 6, 2011
Visit site
Just upgraded to the s4 as my daily driver and miss my bb keyboard. I have tried swype and swiftkey but the special characters are in different places than the bb keyboard layout. Anyone know of a keyboard that uses the same layout as blackberry? or if the bb10 keyboard is available on android yet?

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Puiman