09-17-2010 11:08 AM
84 1234
tools
    Thanks, i got that. But when I go back, it reverts back to the 3/4 view on my Incredible screen. Im looking to have the calendar fill the screen permanently and not having to press on it first
    save it as an App shortcut and not a widget on your page.
    07-05-2010 07:29 PM
    It doesn't appear that you can attach notes to calendar entries.

If you can, and I have missed it, please tell me how.
    07-05-2010 11:54 PM
    Would that be the "Event Description" field?

In any case, any limitations on entering or editing entries are a limitation of the HTC calendar, not Jorte. For update actions, Jorte passes control to the built in calendar app, as do all the available calendar widgets.

edit: Just checked. Any notes in an appointment I entered in MS Outlook show up in the Description field in Jorte / HRC Calendar.
    slthree likes this.
    07-06-2010 07:10 AM
    That works for me. Thanks meyer
    07-06-2010 08:45 AM
    Does anyone know if there is a way to get a 4x4 widget for Jorte?

I like the 4x4 widget that Calendar Pad offers so I'm currently using that. I like the look of Jorte and would prefer to use this but they do not offer a 4x4 widget. I really want my calendar to take up the whole screen and use that real estate well.
    07-06-2010 11:35 AM
    My suggestion would be to email the developer. He seems to be issuing regular updates.
    07-06-2010 12:27 PM
    Has anyone figured out how to get this to sync with Google calendar? When I add a new entry in jorte it does not appear in my Google calendar viewed on a browser.
    07-08-2010 01:17 AM
    Has anyone figured out how to get this to sync with Google calendar? When I add a new entry in jorte it does not appear in my Google calendar viewed on a browser.
    +1 - this is a dealbreaker for me
    07-13-2010 07:51 PM
    it does sync with the Google Gmail calendar. make sure in the Jorte settings on the smartphone that you select default calendar/sync as "Google Calendar" and not "Jorte Calendar". Jorte gives you the option to set default/sync with its calendar rather than the Google calendar which is probably what yours is set at hence no sync.

it works beautifully once your settings are correct.
    07-13-2010 08:12 PM
    Yep see Gekko...took me a day or two to figure it out
    07-13-2010 08:17 PM
    thanks- pretty decent calendar- one thing I would like better- and mind you, I realize this isn't a desktop app- would be the ability to set a full day event - like in outlook when I might be out of office all day.

Still - pretty decent and definitely worth trying and supporting.
    07-25-2010 09:58 PM
    It does have an option to set appts for all day.
    07-25-2010 10:04 PM
    Just tried Jorte and Gekko is 100% correct. Its the best calendar.. syncs with my Google calendar immediately, has many display and custom options. Will definitely be making it my GOTO calendar. Thanks for the tip Gekko
    07-26-2010 06:23 AM
    I'm not sure if the calendar that comes with my Captivate is an improvement over the stock calendar, but it seems better than Jorte to me. I also used Datebook and Agendus on Palm and want a more full-featured app, just Jorte looks and feels bad in almost every respect to my eyes, the default is simple but effective, used icons to identify Facebook events. It doesn't display tasks which is the only upside I'm seeing with Jorte, besides some settings that still don't get very happy results for me no matter what I set it up like. Maybe my eyes are just getting old and the tiny text just isn't right for me anymore. I would love to see screenshots of how you guys are setting it up, maybe I'm missing something.
    07-28-2010 11:49 AM
    Take a look at iRT calendar. I find it easier to read than Jorte. I actually use both, iRT for viewing events, and then it links to Jorte for creating or updating events.
    07-28-2010 01:23 PM
    I am going to try Jorte now and see how it works...I want reminders, different calendar colors and widget customization
    07-28-2010 01:39 PM
    Ok, question about the widget.

I have the calendar widget added to my home screen (well, one of them). It's the full month widget.

I hate how if I press on a day, it opens up the calendar, and I have to press the day again to see the events. Is there a way to just make the widget work like the HTC calendar (press the day, the events for that day open).

While I like the widget, having to do two presses just to open up the events for a day is quite annoying.
    08-02-2010 11:16 AM
    I put in a event on a saturday but it doesn't show in the monthly view. When I click it the event pops up just won't show monthly.
    08-02-2010 11:58 AM
    Has anyone tried the latest update? Mine has been stuck in "downloading" for the last day, and if I try to cancel it, the market app FC's.

Tried rebooting the phone and it's still stuck....'

Uninstalled it with App Brain (not sure that was wise) but the market is still displaying it as "Downloading"....
    08-05-2010 09:33 AM
    try downloading again.
    08-05-2010 09:44 AM
    I put in a event on a saturday but it doesn't show in the monthly view. When I click it the event pops up just won't show monthly.
    it's there it just needs to refresh. hit refresh or you will see it when you re-renter the app/widget.
    08-05-2010 09:45 AM
    try downloading again.
    Yeah, if you could tell me how. Like I said, I go to the market, go to downloads (or if I search on Jorte), it just says it's "downloading" with an empty progress bar at the top with the only option being to cancel the download.

Click on "Cancel Download' and the market FC's on me. I can't figure out how to get it to stop downloading it in order to reinstall it.
    08-05-2010 09:48 AM
    Ok, I managed to fix it. Long pressing on it and choosing "Cancel Download" actually cancelled it. Not sure what the difference between that and just pressing on it and pressing the "Cancel Download" button is, but must be something.
    08-05-2010 09:59 AM
    OK - I have a question - this is a sensational calendar - when I entered test appointment on laptop in EAS, it showed up on EVO - but when I posted a test task on EVO, it showed up on EVO but not anywhere on laptop - can anyone help me with this? there must be something I'm not doing correctly -

thanks in advance!
    08-22-2010 12:23 PM
    OK - I have a question - this is a sensational calendar - when I entered test appointment on laptop in EAS, it showed up on EVO - but when I posted a test task on EVO, it showed up on EVO but not anywhere on laptop - can anyone help me with this? there must be something I'm not doing correctly -

thanks in advance!
    i personally don't use the tasks feature but -

1. did you enable Google tasks on the PC side?
    2. sync for tasks may be manual only for now - not automatic per the developer updates page. automatic sync forthcoming.

Jorte - Update
    manhattanmarg likes this.
    08-22-2010 12:40 PM
84 1234
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD